PCAT Practice Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCATtaker

Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you could print out the questions from the practice test on www.pcatweb.info in order to review at a later time? Or is it a one stop pop, as in once you see the questions that will be the last time you can see them, and they don't let you print while taking the test? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally thought the harcourt practice pcat test was a waste of $19. It's not even half the length of the full exam, and the questions were very very similar to the study books like kaplan that I have bought. If i were you, I'd skip the practice test, and just use a stopwatch and your books.

i don't knoe, i thought it was helpful, its pretty accurate to tell you how your progress is. It can be a confidence booster, thats what it was for me.

I bought the Harcourt exams and was very upset when I saw they didn't give me an actual composite or individual score. for $19 for 1/2 an exam, that was bs. Also, what upset me was once the exam was graded you could not use it any more. I bought this software from www.thepcat.com called 'the pcat prescription' which has 5 full length pcat exams and it grades you similarly to the real pcat. For the price of the harcourt tests 1 & 2 I got five times more questions and pcat grading. I took my first test last week and got a composite score of 405, I took the second one this weekend and was around 430. I felt that using the pacer in the software I can actually improve my timing. I'm saving two exams for the week before the exam. I used other books too, for kaplan and even used some MCAT books. I understand the material fine, but its mainly the time constraints which bother me. however, i think I'm getting better each day.

T-20 days. good luck to all.

Pedro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I wouldn't bother forking out the money to take it if I were you. I thought it was a total waste of money in my opinion so I never took it and still pulled off a 91 percentile composite score on the PCAT in June. Just study Kaplan and BArron's and practice taking the full practice exams under timed conditions.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother forking out the money to take it if I were you. I thought it was a total waste of money in my opinion so I never took it and still pulled off a 91 percentile composite score on the PCAT in June. Just study Kaplan and BArron's and practice taking the full practice exams under timed conditions.

Yeah, looking back the Harcourt exams were not worth it. I mean if i could keep on going back. I bought test one and rushed to finish it, once i got done i thought i could review but it wouldn't let me.

It sucks. They took my $125 and another $48 bucks. :-(

Pedro

Yeah, looking back the Harcourt exams were not worth it. I mean if i could keep on going back. I bought test one and rushed to finish it, once i got done i thought i could review but it wouldn't let me.

It sucks. They took my $125 and another $48 bucks. :-(

Pedro

I took the Harcourt practice tests and kind of dealt the same way you did. I also looked at the link for thepcat.com and just purchased that software. I'm interested to see how this goes. You think it's worth the $50?

I took the Harcourt practice tests and kind of dealt the same way you did. I also looked at the link for thepcat.com and just purchased that software. I'm interested to see how this goes. You think it's worth the $50?

I was thinking the same thing when I found their link. However, 5 full length PCAT exams is a lot of questions. I've been using some MCAT books, but getting the feel for the real exam is what I needed. I know the biology pretty well, the chem is second nature, but I just needed something more.

I tried searching on SDN for stuff if anyone used it, but didn't find any. I decided that at this point I have 3-4 weeks and I need more practice and just getting used to the timing of the exam would be worth the $50.00.

So far I think it has helped me. My scores are ranging from 405 (first exam) to 430 (second exam). I'm going to take another one this weekend and then do the other two the week before the exam.

The questions are great. 1,450 questions are a lot. I think you will like it.
Also, I've been getting a lot of PMs about people wanted to share the software with me. You can only install it on one computer once the serial code is used up you can't install it anywhere else. Trust me I tried it. It's pretty high technology.

Anyways, back to work. I always try to study on break, but end up on SDN. :).

Have a good one.

Pedro

My weaknesses are verbal and reading comprehensive and I need to improve these sections. Do these sections resemble with real pcat exam?

My weaknesses are verbal and reading comprehensive and I need to improve these sections. Do these sections resemble with real pcat exam?

I just took a practice section for the reading comprehension part of the exam. I too, suck at verbal and reading, and the practice test was much easier than the real PCAT. The passages were much shorter, the questions were direct, and I finished with like 15 minutes remaining on one section. I don't know about the verbal, but, from what I've already seen from this one section, it seems pretty easy. I imagine it may get harder, like, when I take a full length practice test, but so far it's definetly wayy easier than the real exam.

So for the ones that have been taking the practice tests on www.thepcat.com - are the practice tests they offer similar to the real PCAT?

Compared to Kaplan, Cliff, and Barron's...are their tests harder? easier? similar?

Because $50 is a lot compared to the 5 practice tests I can get from Cliffs for only about $15.

So for the ones that have been taking the practice tests on www.thepcat.com - are the practice tests they offer similar to the real PCAT?

Compared to Kaplan, Cliff, and Barron's...are their tests harder? easier? similar?

Because $50 is a lot compared to the 5 practice tests I can get from Cliffs for only about $15.

I don't think the tests they offer are similar to the real PCAT. It's good practice nonetheless, but some of the questions they ask will never, ever, be on the real PCAT. The verbal analogy questions are somewhat like the real test, but the pcat.com people ask some crazy analogies about historic people and how they relate, and IQ type questions that ask you to recognize a pattern b/t numbers or words. I remember one question had a word spelled one way and the answer was the word spelled backwards. That kind of stuff will never be on the exam. The reading was really easy and since it's on a computer I think it's different than the real test too. The sciences were a little better, however, so overall, I think Kaplan and pcat.com are probably the best resources to use. I think Barrons is really easy and I've never used Cliffs before.

Yeah, the pcat practice test is for nothing but boosting your confidence on real exam especially for those who have prepared extensively for the pcat.
There were no tricky questions at all in any section and all of them were straightforward.
You will see some challenging and different type of Q's but asking similar conceptions on the Pcat. If the pcat practice test has a intension to include more Q's and provide personalized analysis, it would be worth $19 or even more $$$

I have purchased the practice tests before. No there is not a way to print the tests for further use. However, when taking the exams if you do not hit the grade my test (or something to that nature) you will not loose the test. Now, you may not get a grade, but you can go back in question by question to find out the answer and get an explanation for the question. The test will stay in there thru the cycle of PCATs. i.e. If you purchase a practice test for the June PCAT and never have it graded then you can go back and refer to that test until the last PCAT is given in January. Hope this was helpful to you:)

hi, I also bought the software from pcat.com. it's called the PCAT PRESCRIPTION. Was it helpful to you? I'm also considering buying the pcat professor software but I keep reading mixed reviews about it. Anyways, I really want to know if the software from pcat.com was any good or if I should go for the pcat professor or the harcourt pcat tests from pearsons? Thanks!

Last edited:
I made the mistake of buying the practice exams from http://www.thepcat.com ...

I don't think that the questions are very indicative of the exam at all; I've never seen questions about microscopes on any of the other exams that I've taken, etc. I think that purchasing the exams from Pearson, even though there are fewer exams, would serve you much better than going through those exams.

I made the mistake of buying the practice exams from http://www.thepcat.com ...

I don't think that the questions are very indicative of the exam at all; I've never seen questions about microscopes on any of the other exams that I've taken, etc. I think that purchasing the exams from Pearson, even though there are fewer exams, would serve you much better than going through those exams.
I agree. I had the chance to try the pcat.com software and some of the questions were just ridiculous! How about the PCAT PROFESSOR? Any info or ideas about that? I may end up settling with just the kaplan practice test and the two pearson tests. Thanks for your response.