PCAT preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tekp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I know this question has been asked already a million times, so please excuse me for asking again, "What material should I use to review for the PCAT ?". I am on a budget and can only spend so much. ( What about "Crack the PCAT", is it any good ?)
Thanks very much. Your answer is much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Stay away from crack the pcat!!!!!! The things you need for the pcat are: you undergrad courses, and something to remember like Dr. Collins and/or Kaplan. Kaplan goes into a lot of detail but the preparation tests are pretty good. What most people wont understand is that the best preparation is your undergraduate experience. If you attended class regularly, studied and got good grades you should do great in the pcat.

Hi! I used Dr. Collins and Kaplan to study for my PCAT (Jan 2017) and ended up with a 95th percentile composite with minimal effort. I studied for around 2-3 weeks uninterrupted between fall finals and my exam. I think the combination of the two books/guides really helped cover any weaknesses I had before studying. I'd recommend investing in at least one of the Pearson practice tests as well. I found those to be very similar to the real exam. (I had a couple passages on my exam that were almost identical to the practice, just with different values for any data tables and different questions)

I don't plan to retake, so if you'd like to purchase my used study materials, I'm open. PM me.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Stay away from crack the pcat!!!!!! The things you need for the pcat are: you undergrad courses, and something to remember like Dr. Collins and/or Kaplan. Kaplan goes into a lot of detail but the preparation tests are pretty good. What most people wont understand is that the best preparation is your undergraduate experience. If you attended class regularly, studied and got good grades you should do great in the pcat.
I second that.

Dr.Collins will change ya life! Its a quite an investment for most, but those questions you see during practice will likely be on the test.

Purchase the Pearson Practice Tests. Kaplan was so useless. Dr. Collins was too expensive. Made a 90 with 3-4 weeks of studying. It's not a hard exam (except the Reading Comp). You just have to strategize and practice with timing.

Reactions: 1 user
I bought the kaplan pcat book online w 2 free practice tests and then purchased the pearson practice tests with the writing and did well.