PCAT RESULTS (retake?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwontletyoudown

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Took the PCAT yesterday and got the following scores:

Bio - 85%
Chem - 61%
Reading - 99%
Quant - 77%
Composite - 89%

I want to go to the University of Maryland but I got a relatively low chemistry percentile. Their website says that the average PCAT score of the students admitted in 2016 was 81.7%, which I did better! But i think that my chemistry may still be a little low

Should I take it again even though my composite is higher than their average but my chemistry is only 61? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, I wouldn't retake it. You have a good score, and especially if u have a decent GPA and some sort of extracurricular, you should be fine. What did u use to study for the math section???? I find it so hard

Reactions: 3 users

Bio - 85%
Chem - 61%
Reading - 99%
Quant - 77%
Composite - 89%

I want to go to the University of Maryland but I got a relatively low chemistry percentile. Their website says that the average PCAT score of the students admitted in 2016 was 81.7%, which I did better! But i think that my chemistry may still be a little low

Should I take it again even though my composite is higher than their average but my chemistry is only 61? Thanks!

No.
Wow how did you get through that reading, very amazing. Do you read a lot in your spare time?

I got a 37 I was 6 minutes past my break and I was not aware. My brain was like ughh. If I had more time like an hour and a half to do the reading I would have done wayy better because I need to read things many times to understand it

On the others:
Bio: 85
Chem: 78
Math: 51
Read: 37

You have a great score

Reactions: 1 user

Bio - 85%
Chem - 61%
Reading - 99%
Quant - 77%
Composite - 89%

I would contact the school to see what they think. Or sometimes they will have already posted minimum scores required for chemistry or biology etc. on their site. I do agree you have a great cumulative score but pharmacy is heavily focused on chemistry, aside from biology, so I would assume it would be a significant factor for your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's great! Everyone says reading is so hard and I think it will be the easiest for me. :) I hope I'm right. lol

89 is competitive. Don't re-take unless your school requires you to have a 70% across the board (and even then they can make exceptions). Great job :)