-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCAT score receiving day
Started by arsenal89
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi. I just took the PCAT last saturday, Oct.17th.
and I'm wondering if there is any way I can get the result back within 4weeks.
Usually they said it takes about 6 weeks to see the result, but I need to
see the result earlier....
your answers are probably graded by now but you have to know someone from the inside to tell you how you did. there is no other way the 5 week rule.
Do the scores generally arrive in the mail or at pharmcas first?
Pharmcas duuude...Do the scores generally arrive in the mail or at pharmcas first?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can pay a fee of $20.00 to see the score before it is mailed.
You can pay a fee of $20.00 to see the score before it is mailed.
yep...debating if i wanna put myself through that...
yep...debating if i wanna put myself through that...
I am gonna pay it and get it over with.
the Tuesday after the 4th Saturday:
everyone freaked out because PharmCAS had received the scores. But we couldn't look at them. They finally became available either late Tuesday or late Wednesday night.
(for those of us who took it on 8/22)
everyone freaked out because PharmCAS had received the scores. But we couldn't look at them. They finally became available either late Tuesday or late Wednesday night.
(for those of us who took it on 8/22)
You can pay a fee of $20.00 to see the score before it is mailed.
IS this worth it? where do you find this at? pearson or pharmcas website?
It's an option to get a "replacement" score report. When you log in to the same place you would to print your registration ticket, etc, there should be an option for "score reports." Any score report print is $20, you're just ordering a replacement before you get the original.
I saw my scores on Wednesday night, I believe. I know I got my scores in the mail the following Monday.
I saw my scores on Wednesday night, I believe. I know I got my scores in the mail the following Monday.
IS this worth it? where do you find this at? pearson or pharmcas website?
^^PharmB anwswered the question above, but what do you have to lose except the $20.00?
^^PharmB anwswered the question above, but what do you have to lose except the $20.00?
But I like my $20...
haha, if it's only a few days difference, I don't think it's worth it. if it's the difference between waiting 4 weeks (instead of 6), I think I'd do it. Of course, it might be different for everyone ... depending on how much they weigh time and money.
But I like my $20...
haha, if it's only a few days difference, I don't think it's worth it. if it's the difference between waiting 4 weeks (instead of 6), I think I'd do it. Of course, it might be different for everyone ... depending on how much they weigh time and money.
One good thing about paying the $20.00 is that you cut down on the time that you would be stressing out in anticipation of seeing your scores.
Ehh I was thinking about it.....It is only a few days difference...I like my twenty dollars more 
Ehh I was thinking about it.....It is only a few days difference...I like my twenty dollars more![]()
Cheap.
Ehh I was thinking about it.....It is only a few days difference...I like my twenty dollars more![]()
If you are going to keep your money, I would avoid coming here between the time you think you would get your scores online and the time it takes to arrive by mail. It is a tough thing to see other people post their scores when you haven't received them yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One good thing about paying the $20.00 is that you cut down on the time that you would be stressing out in anticipation of seeing your scores.
I stressed the first few days after the test. The worst was the day OF the test, when the test questions were still fresh in my mind. But after 3-4 days, the anxiety wore off. I can't do anything about it now! Even when thinking about the test, I don't get stressed. I did what I could, it's whatever now.
If you are going to keep your money, I would avoid coming here between the time you think you would get your scores online and the time it takes to arrive by mail. It is a tough thing to see other people post their scores when you haven't received them yet.
Hahaha, that is a good point. I do think my own anxiety will creep up once people get their scores and bemoan their bad scores or celebrate their great scores. Hopefully, my anxiety can last a few days, as it only seems to be a few days difference.
Haha, are you speaking from experience, diastole?
I stressed the first few days after the test. The worst was the day OF the test, when the test questions were still fresh in my mind. But after 3-4 days, the anxiety wore off. I can't do anything about it now! Even when thinking about the test, I don't get stressed. I did what I could, it's whatever now.
I did not stress after the test, but I know I will be stressing the first few days before we can see our scores. I am just hoping to get a score that is at least competitive.
I stressed the first few days after the test. The worst was the day OF the test, when the test questions were still fresh in my mind. But after 3-4 days, the anxiety wore off. I can't do anything about it now! Even when thinking about the test, I don't get stressed. I did what I could, it's whatever now.
Hahaha, that is a good point. I do think my own anxiety will creep up once people get their scores and bemoan their bad scores or celebrate their great scores. Hopefully, my anxiety can last a few days, as it only seems to be a few days difference.
Haha, are you speaking from experience, diastole?
I started seeing scores pop up on here and I had great reasons not to pay that extra money. My husband had recently lost his job and we literally had no income coming in. If my scores hadn't arrived in the mail the same day, I'm not sure I could have held out. I just needed to know. Unfortunately for you, the lag between the online scores and the mailed scores is now measured in days instead of hours like when I took it.
It's a money making scam I say but it works.
I started seeing scores pop up on here and I had great reasons not to pay that extra money. My husband had recently lost his job and we literally had no income coming in. If my scores hadn't arrived in the mail the same day, I'm not sure I could have held out. I just needed to know. Unfortunately for you, the lag between the online scores and the mailed scores is now measured in days instead of hours like when I took it.
It's a money making scam I say but it works.
Definitely a money making scam .... 🙄 As if they didn't take enough for the price of the test.
.... which has increased in price since I took it last August. Bah!
You can pay a fee of $20.00 to see the score before it is mailed.
Where can you get for $20? Thanks~
Scroll up.
so next week?
In your dreams.
The scores are available after 6 weeks. So at the end of November. The earliest they MIGHT be available online is mid-November. I doubt it will be earlier.
My understanding is you can check PharmCAS; if they have received your scores, then your scores are available online.
^^ 👍
busyizzy:
Actually it's 4-6 weeks.
Also if you scroll up, you can see that for the 8/22 PCAT, they were available in the same time frame as it would be for next week if you pay the extra $20.00 . . . . .
Well, the proctors told us after the exam was done, in 6 weeks. So my bad.
But regardless, it won't be next week.
If you scroll up, the person says the Tuesday after the 4th Saturday. The 4th Saturday is Nov 14th. Tuesday after is November 17th. NOT next week. It will only have been 3 weeks next week... which falls out of the 4-6 weeks you yourself quoted.
Well, the proctors told us after the exam was done, in 6 weeks. So my bad.
But regardless, it won't be next week.
If you scroll up, the person says the Tuesday after the 4th Saturday. The 4th Saturday is Nov 14th. Tuesday after is November 17th. NOT next week. It will only have been 3 weeks next week... which falls out of the 4-6 weeks you yourself quoted.
Busyizzy:
That's exactly what I'm stating, Pearson states you'll receive them within 4-6 weeks . . . The person indirectly states they saw them in 3 weeks online by paying $20.00. I just wanted to confirm it with anyone else but I think I pretty much answered my own question by basing it on someone elses past experience.
Busyizzy:
That's exactly what I'm stating, Pearson states you'll receive them within 4-6 weeks . . . The person indirectly states they saw them in 3 weeks online by paying $20.00. I just wanted to confirm it with anyone else but I think I pretty much answered my own question by basing it on someone elses past experience.
4th Saturday after the exam is 4 weeks. Not 3 weeks.
The person indicated they got them the Tuesday after the 4th Saturday, which means 3 days after 4 weeks.
So I dunno why you keep thinking it's "next week" or "3 weeks" since 3 is NOT 4.
Then again, maybe I'm wrong. But according to someone else's past experience, what you're saying doesn't match. Unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just for clarification, I did indeed say that it was 4 weeks and some change when our scores were posted.
Nope. PharmCAS indicated they'd received the scores, and that's what sent everyone into craziness.
"OMG scores are out!" I think scores became available the night PharmCAS got them.
Check the 8/22/09 score threads though.
"OMG scores are out!" I think scores became available the night PharmCAS got them.
Check the 8/22/09 score threads though.
The suspense is killing me! I hate that it takes so long!😡
😡
Another week or 2. We will be ok.

I have another predicament, I added pharmcas to my test after I took the PCAT. I originally had a few schools I had selected (I know, stupid me), but it said it could be an additional 6 weeks for the score to be sent to PharmCAS. Does this sound right???
I have another predicament, I added pharmcas to my test after I took the PCAT. I originally had a few schools I had selected (I know, stupid me), but it said it could be an additional 6 weeks for the score to be sent to PharmCAS. Does this sound right???
I don't know about an addiitional 6 weeks but it will take a few more weeks for it to be sent to them once scores are available.
Although I'll admit it is a tad early, I've started checking pearson's everyday 😛 Anybody else chomping at the bit?
Although I'll admit it is a tad early, I've started checking pearson's everyday 😛 Anybody else chomping at the bit?
Another week or 2. We will be ok.![]()
This is nerve-wrecking!!! I've had a headache for 4 days that won't go away and I've taken different types of meds...I hope my head doesn't hurt until we get these scores.

I keep having dreams about my scores. The composite score is always in the 90s, but I always have at least one subtest score in the single digits. In last night's dream, I had a 94 composite, but a 7 reading comprehension score lol.
hahaha! i've been having dreams about my receiving my scores also. in my dream i did really well so hopefully my dream will come true 

I think we all have started dreaming about what our results will look like. I just wont be losing sleep over it (not yet at least), I have Pre-Calc for that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I will be paying...only because I want to know what my results are first chance I get so I can go back to sleeping like a baby and not dreaming about "that day".
Ditto. Although, I did not pay last time.I think I will be paying...only because I want to know what my results are first chance I get so I can go back to sleeping like a baby and not dreaming about "that day".
When do you guys anticipate that we will be receiving the scores?
For the June 20th pcat, scores were up on July 21 which was 4 weeks and 3 days. So if it is the same, scores should be up on next tues the 17th. I'm not sure how Aug worked out.When do you guys anticipate that we will be receiving the scores?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K