pcat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitej3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my pcat scores and don't know much about scoring. My scores are as follows

Percentiles:
Verbal 75
Biology 99
Reading 91
Quantative 96
Chemistry 99
composite 99

Scaled Scores:
Verbal 222
Biology 271
Reading 232
Quantative 254
Chemistry 270
composite 250

Can anyone tell me what this means as opposed to everyone else's scores and what the pharmacy schools would take from this. Also my GPA is a 3.0 and I know that it is low so what are my chances of getting in any pharmacy schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't let your GPA discourage you. Be persistant. If they let me in they will let you in. Telling them your dad went to this school so you really wanted to go here too helps ;)

Originally posted by whitej3
I just got my pcat scores and don't know much about scoring. My scores are as follows

Percentiles:

Can anyone tell me what this means as opposed to everyone else's scores and what the pharmacy schools would take from this.

You don't know what a percentile is? 50th percentile means that you scored higher than 50% of students who took the exam. A 99th is certainly good (in fact, the best there is), but I had a 96th for last year's admissions cycle and it centainly wasn't a magical key to everywhere. I had about a 3.1 or 3.2 and I got 2 out of my 4 choices. None were UCSD or UCSF or any crazy stuff like that. :) I'd guess with a 3.0 and a 99th, a few good letters of rec and a well written essay you should have several good oppertunities. Don't let the admission deadlines pass.