PCAT study tips from "the 99%ile club"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wmw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry about the lame title..
anyway I scored well on the PCAT, and I want to pass on my advice to as many as possible :)

verbal 437/92%
bio 430/88%
reading 435/90%
quant 455/97%
chem 505/99%

comp 451/99%

Sure, it helps for me to know if you are a first time taker, what your goal score range is give or take, and what areas you are struggling with, but here is what i generally did:

Dr. Collin's with Kaplan exclusively (self-studying, no class) + the 3 pearson practice tests

I began about ~30 days out and spent roughly an hour of medium-intense prep per day every day, taking one timed section (bio, chem etc..) per study session, so one timed section per day, which I scored and reviewed also. This is HUGE, I attribute my score to finishing EVERY section with over 10 minutes to spare everytime. all the time. this gives you time ro review marked questions what were more difficult. and the speed comes with practice taking timed sections, one at a time, dont worry about full length tests untill about 15 days out.
I also studied one section of material each day from either Dr. Collins/Kaplan big book. Def purchase the Dr. Collins materials now now now! if you havent already and go to barnes&noble and pick up a kaplan book

Verbal - studied collins word lists/some of kaplans - this is section that is hard to 'improve on' persay unless it is your priority, simply bc most of our vocabularies are 'set' at least 90% by now. The chance of finding and remembering one little word from studies on the real PCAT are low, and for this reason I probably spent the least time preparing for this section, however! do prepare for this section, as it can be finished very quickly with practice and provide you much time to review your verbal answers. so i high score is likely for the reason of it not taking as long. the sentence completion aspects were more challenging than the analogies for me, but with practice working many problems, they become easier.

bio-the big kaplan book has an unbelievable amount of bio info, if you knew all of it, you would get 99% on bio everytime, and probably get an honorary bio Ph.D. from a prestigious university haha... point is, there is wayy more info that is necessary to study i.e. intense details on plant vasculature.... so dont get sucked in to this massive tome of information/intimidated by it either. Dr. collins does have all the necessary information but in slightly different presentation. *important* spend time with both collins and kaplan bio info and see what presentation suits you the best. I examined one section of the kaplan bio big book every day in addition to me daily timed section, this allowed me to at least be exposed to all of the material in the kaplan big book, also it helps to review the post section quizzes in the kaplan big book. for collins bio, aim for one section every few days, bc the sections are far more dense and long.

reading comp - this is another one of those where practice taking times sections will get you the farthest. i improved alot after my first 3 or so timed sections. dr collins rc questions are too easy compared to the real PCAT by FAR. but they are good to begin studying with. Kaplans are slightly more realistic, the best are the ones in the three pearson practice tests. on the real PCAT i was blown away by the difficulty of the rc passages/questions compared to collins, which i had spent most of my time prepping with. dont do that, rely more on the kaplan rc passages and pearons practice exams

quant- collins collins collins, wouldnt mess with kaplan here, their calc prep was insufficient. i realllllly needed calc help coming in and with the collins calc, although pretty intense to get a grip on, i became a calc legend haha... maybe.. point is if you can perform well on the collins calc, then you are in good shape, id check out kaplan to but dont rely on it or feel as safe if you are scoring well on it but not collins quant sections. every once and a while there will be a integrative calc/trig word problem that would just blow my face off, but other than that this prep method helped me (97%)

chem- alot to say here. this is prob the most importnt section on the exam. based on my statistical analysis of 21 full scores ive analyzed, this is the section with the most scaled score points per percentile rank (SS/PR) what does this mean? it means there is the biggest spread in the distribution here, meaning it makes/breaks alot of ppl bc the scaled score from here typically affects the comp % a little more bc of the higher range (ppl making sub 400s to above 500). so focus on thie section, also bc it is maybe the most important for consideration by schools. its huge, and its hard. Gen chem is tested about 75% to ochem at about 25%, so first off know gen chem. collins is the best in my opinion for chem, their practice sections were excellent prep, the best prep of kaplan/collins for any discipline on the PCAT in my opinion, if anything get collins just for chem (and kaplan for bio)
i was scoring in the high 90s consistently (this is raw percentile as in 46/48 q's correct) on the collins practice tests and i beat the cutoff for the 99%ile on real PCAT chem by more than 50 points (highest scaled score ive ever seen :)) so it def works and can get you there. also as an aside, beating a 99%ile cutoff for a section helps out your composite score with those extra points i.e. i had an 88%ile in bio but my comp was still 99%.... back to chem, most important gen chem concepts: thermochemistry, periodic table trends, orbital shapes/configurations, GAS LAWS!! mult. questions always!, and nuclear isotopes. these are the topics i would stress. use collins, go over a new section of material in it each day so you cover it a few times total in its entirety, take all the practice timed sections and you will be at your max im confident. for organic chemistry, you will have to know reactions, and this scares the **** out of ppl i know. but you need to. every practice section/exam ive ever seen had at least one organic reaction. know naming as well, as well as functional groups. collins does a great job with this, kaplans organic chem is insufficient when it comes to reactions, and collins is a little bit also, ive yet to come across a great PCAT organic chem reactions prep system. I was helped by the fact that ive been an ochem tutor for 2 years now, so i honestly probably cannot accurately judge how well collins/kaplan prepare one for organic chem. but the collins naming stuff looked the easiest to grasp as far as presentation style.

essay: zero prep. but collins has awesome prompts that seemed right in line with what i saw on the real PCAT.

overall: dont kill yourself, i was studying for max 1.5 hours a day, sometimes less, usually less but did so consistantly, HARD, every single day for about ~30 days.

everyday:
- ~30 pages in kaplan bio big book ~15 minutes
- 1 collins timed practice section, scored, reviewed, alternated topics each day to stay fresh ~45minutes
- ~2-3 various sections in the collins packets as review ~20minutes

last ~15 days or so:
-I took a pearson practice PCAT every 5 days
-stressed lingering doubts i had on specific subjects (calc for me)
-finished off all the collins timed sections until I had done all of them
-finished the kaplan big bio book
-finished all collins materials

after the real PCAT: i thought id severely bungled rc, and verbal, done not great on bio, decent on quant and ok on chem. dont be discouraged if you thought the test was savage. i did and came out fine.

please post any other questions, I will try my best to reply as soon as possible

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
haha good point but to be honest some people like me, Literally don't have the money. I cant submit my application for the fall 2011 until i start working my job this fall and receive my paycheck. I have 4 cents in my bank account bro.

Hey, I've been there, serisouly I have...and even though I loathe using them, I think this might justify putting it on the credit card? But thats just me, like I said. Some people don't even get a lot out of Dr. Collins's stuff. But it was worth it to me. And I'm a lady, bro. :D

I am going to take the PCAT exam In october but im having a hard time studying.....can someone plz help me make a schedule for me to follow with grasping alot of information plz??

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest with you. only YOU know your own study habits and no one else does. Therefore, it is your job to sit down and work out a efficient study schedule that suits your habits and needs. No one knows your work schedule or what is going on in your life.

The best way would be to take some exams and see where your weaknesses are at, and then work from there. Good luck;)

I am going to take the PCAT exam In october but im having a hard time studying.....can someone plz help me make a schedule for me to follow with grasping alot of information plz??
To be honest with you. only YOU know your own study habits and no one else does. Therefore, it is your job to sit down and work out a efficient study schedule that suits your habits and needs. No one knows your work schedule or what is going on in your life.

The best way would be to take some exams and see where your weaknesses are at, and then work from there. Good luck;)

thank you.........one more thing, u think studying 5 hours a day for 5days a week good enough to be ready for the october exam?

thank you.........one more thing, u think studying 5 hours a day for 5days a week good enough to be ready for the october exam?

IMO, that's way overkill. I probably studied 8-10 hours a week for the two weeks prior to the test, plus an hour here and there before that two week mark. All in all, I'd guess I put in under 30 hours studying for the PCAT.

Your mileage may vary.

I honestly don't thinkthe number of hrs= how much success. I mean some days i study for 6 hrs straight and I still feel like I learned absolutely nothing. some days, only 2 or 3 hrs but I feel like I know a lot already.so it really depends. my suggestion though, make a schedule. make sure u follow it.. it doesn't matter how many hours you study a day but make sure you get what you need to cover for THAT day done.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone with any questions for saturdays test?
Well I did all the above, for the verbals I just did the practice exams for Dr Collins and pearson, the biology, I did the practice exams for Dr Collins and Pearson, the Chemistry the same thing, The math im sticking with Collins; the pearson one is too complicated, and the reading is omg... I dont know how to study for it! I did Collins, but ultimately Im going with the pearson exam. Im just going to look over some of the questions. I went through Dr collins over and over. Im just worried about the verbal a bit... just I just memorized it and tried to understand the meaning... I dont know how to study for the reading... I used Kaplan and it was too hard, I used the prep course kaplan for reading also... Im a bit worried, but Im sure everything will work out. :thumbup:

Well I did all the above, for the verbals I just did the practice exams for Dr Collins and pearson, the biology, I did the practice exams for Dr Collins and Pearson, the Chemistry the same thing, The math im sticking with Collins; the pearson one is too complicated, and the reading is omg... I dont know how to study for it! I did Collins, but ultimately Im going with the pearson exam. Im just going to look over some of the questions. I went through Dr collins over and over. Im just worried about the verbal a bit... just I just memorized it and tried to understand the meaning... I dont know how to study for the reading... I used Kaplan and it was too hard, I used the prep course kaplan for reading also... Im a bit worried, but Im sure everything will work out. :thumbup:

Well sounds like youre preparing as well as you can. good luck

Is it worth spending any of these last few hours going over spec readings? I got the McGraw Hill review and their Ochem is ridiculous, but I'm not sure if I need to recognize bands and groups and whatnot. I just have a vague understanding i.e. which spec is used best for finding which results.

I would use the last time you have going over bio concepts you don't understand well, also ochem functional groups. If you feel good on those two areas then practice reading comp problems

Any last minute time saving tricks for handling integrals, limits, and derivatives? I really need to improve in Quant, and last during the last test, I had to run back and fill in about 10 questions. :(

Any last minute time saving tricks for handling integrals, limits, and derivatives? I really need to improve in Quant, and last during the last test, I had to run back and fill in about 10 questions. :(

I didn't face any terrible integrals or derivative, limits are not bad if you check the collins and work the examples there, try cliffsnotes for integrals/derivatives.

I didn't face any terrible integrals or derivative, limits are not bad if you check the collins and work the examples there, try cliffsnotes for integrals/derivatives.
I just dislike the implicit diffusional on one of the Collins problems, along with a chain and a quotient -____-. Im fine with them alone, but simple diffusional and intergals I can do :xf:

In all honesty, I think that your performance on the PCAT is obviously related to your educational experience (1st/2nd/3rd/4th year). As a 1st year I took the PCAT using just the kaplan book and scored a 75, this is with knowledge of calc I and first year bio/chem/phys. If you were say a 4th year, you would honestly not need Dr.Collins and would do amazingly well with just review and practice tests..

In all honesty, I think that your performance on the PCAT is obviously related to your educational experience (1st/2nd/3rd/4th year). As a 1st year I took the PCAT using just the kaplan book and scored a 75, this is with knowledge of calc I and first year bio/chem/phys. If you were say a 4th year, you would honestly not need Dr.Collins and would do amazingly well with just review and practice tests..

Possibly. Collins does offer a lot of extra practice though. I think, on top of the experience like you said, one of the most important factors is timing. Most of the material isn't so bad, sometimes it's just finishing it on time and developing a good pace. but if you can figure all that out within the three pearson practice tests, then you're set. If you want more practice, extend to Dr. collins.

I studied mostly through the Collins packet because everyone on here kept mentioning it as having the exact questions and material...I just took the Oct PCAT and it did not help me at all. It was false hope, the math was nothing compared to Kaplan or Collins, the chemistry had maybe 2 of the same questions (not exactly the same), biology had maybe 4, the rest of the questions were random diseases and microbiology. The essay topics I got were not on the Collins either. I'm probably going to have to retake it. It's a hit or miss each time you take it, because I've taken it in Jan. too and the material was focused on different subjects than this past Oct. one.

I took the October 16th Test and I found Collins to help me out tremendously. I studied the Kaplan Bio & Chem sections and found that the BIO was overkill which made the questions on the exam SOOOO easy and rudimentary. You didn't have to integrate any concepts together but the questions were so factual based, what is this, what is that type questions. I also studied from the MCAT BIO review book, MCAT organic review book, and GRE verbal and math. As you can tell I studied for the PCAT like I was studying for the MCAT which helped me out a lot and took a lot of pressure off of me when I saw so many easy questions. For Collins, some people say that the math section did not help them, well I beg to differ, it helped me out tremendously, there were only like 5 max problems I could not do and had to guess and I had more than enough time left over during the exam to review this part. The chemistry section again was very easy. Collins of course did not have the exact same questions, but as long as you could do his problems you could do any of the ones on the PCAT that although worded differently, the approach and ending was the same. I had a lot of exact questions, and also questions where the way to work out the problem were so identical you could almost count it as an exact question.

Of course the questions might not be the exact same, but the point with Collins is to do the problems, work it out and if you got it wrong, review it, see how to approach a similar problem next time. You are not MEMORIZING his packets for all sections/questions. But the method in which to solve it is essential for the PCAT.

WORD to everything that you stated! I used Dr. Collins' study guide and scored at the 99th percentile, 99th percentile in Chemistry & Quantitative, 96th percentile in Biology, 92nd percentile in Verbal, and 84th percentile on Reading.

I really think that some people don't understand what Dr. Collins' study guide is intended to provide. It seems as if some people are expecting to see the exact same questions and you will be extremely disappointed. It is all aboutthe types of questions and deciding whether or not you understand those concepts.

If you score poorly after using Dr. Collins' study guide, I think that it's important to find out what you were expecting from the study guide, where you think that it feel short and most importantly, determining how you can remedy those issues before taking the PCAT again. There are many people on the board who have used his study guide successfully and it wouldn't hurt to ask them not only what they did to do well on the exam but HOW they used his guide so one can follow in their footsteps to receive a great PCAT score. :)

Hey guys! I really need advice. I took the August PCat and here is was I got:

Verbal : 45%
Math:50%
Bio: 51%
Chem: 43 % ;(
RC: 10% WTF??
Comp: 33%

Anyway October PCAT came around and I froze, I chose the no score option. Im taking it in January again and this time I will be fully prepared. Thing is Janu PCAT is Jan 22 and deadline for applications in Jan 5 for my school (although they do accept January) should I even still apply for Fall 2011 admissions or should I just apply for Fall 2012??I already got my LORs which sucks cause I would have to get them again and I'll be so embarrassed to ask. What should I do?:(

Here are my 2 cents..

Pick 3 books
1. Dr. Collins Self Study Guide
2. Kaplan PCAT
3. REA Flash Cards
4. Pearson Practice Tests

First, complete the reading from Kaplan PCAT book. Read all sections thouroughly. If possible, then read in details from your college notes along with Kaplan book. Just read and read. Read it, just to get familiarity with all contents and topics specially Biology, Chemistry and Math. Read tips for Reading section and Essay writing from Kaplan book.

Second, start with Dr. Collins sections. Wait a minute..! Do not touch any tests yet. You are not yet ready for it. Complete all sections from Dr. Collins. This time, if possible make notes. Read, Understand and by heart it. You need to by heart all meanings of verbal's word lists and analogies. Create your own word list by adding new words, you don't know. Best method is is write and write again.

Third, take REA. This is to test how well you are ready. Nope.. not the time for any test yet. Try to answer all questions in REA without checking answer. Test your self and note down where you are making mistakes. REA is good for verbal and maths. It will give you good practice.

Now its the time for tests. Start from Collins tests. Make sure you have around 20 days remaining for the actual PCAT exam. Now start giving all sections tests in a day and review your answer in next day. You need to give all tests again and again even if you have already done it so. PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER BY LOOKING AT THE ANSWER, IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. TRY TO RECALCULATE IT. This technique will improve your confidence, answering method and speed. This is why it is important to give more and more tests. Give them again and again.

After Dr. Collins, take Kaplan book and give tests. ALSO PLEASE BUY TESTS FROM PEARSON SITE. These tests will give you similar experience to actual PCAT exam. The score from these tests will give you an idea in what range you fall in.

That's it. Have a cup full of Sundae and watch nice Vampire movie. Top Pharmacy Schools are in line to welcome you.

Good Luck....

For a fresher like me, it may take maximum 2 months.

But for genius, it may take a month. 15 days reviews and 15 days tests.

Hello,

My main concern is the biology and reading section. There is just too much information in the biology section for me to memorize. Like how much in depth should one study it. Also for the reading section. Any tips?

Hello,

My main concern is the biology and reading section. There is just too much information in the biology section for me to memorize. Like how much in depth should one study it. Also for the reading section. Any tips?

For Biology you need to go in depth, study/memorize/know/be able to recall every single detail (don't ignore tables and diagrams) in the book. I recommend McGraw Hill's Biology and A&P section. Also, review plant biology in Kaplan or some other book. I'm not in the 99% club, but I was able to pull off a 90+ in Biology.

I have no tips for the reading section. I never really studied for it. But you def should.

Thanks for the tips! I live near where Dr. Collins offers his course so I'll be taking that during the Summer.

I bookmarked this thread when I originally found it a month or two ago. I wanted to be a member of the club in a very bad way.

So anyways without further ado here are my scores.

VA-461(99)
Bio-447(96)
RC-449(97)
QA-429(84)
Chem-463(98)
Comp-450(99)

I highly recommend Dr. Collins' packet. Although I'm pretty confident I could have scored in the high 90s without it, the 99th percentile is indubitably due to his packet.

My study routine was fairly consistent over 4.5 months, taking full-time classes and working 20 hrs a week the entire time. I spent an average of 2-3 hrs a day the first few months, then really picked up my stride a for the last two months. The last month I put a good 5-7 hours/day most every day. I went over every Collins test timed twice, and then reviewed recalcitrant problems that I highlighted in the back of the subtest a couple days before the exam. I also went over the Pearson exams after I took each one, and made sure I understood the material conceptually for every problem.

I also pretty much memorized the Kaplan bio, which wasn't really all that helpful. As far as the verbal section goes, I memorized about 4000 GRE words, which was immeasurably helpful on the verbal. (I scored 99th and finished with ~15 minutes to spare on that particular section).

Hope this helps you join the club!

I took my PCAT today. Although I didn't think I would be anywhere near this "club", I ended up pretty close.

Here are my scores:

VA-437-92%
Bio-440-94%
RC-449-97%
QA-441-93%
Chem-463-98%
Comp-446-98%

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Dr. Collins study material. Helped me immensely on the test. Many of his questions showed up again on the test. Also Pearson practice exams were pretty helpful. Make sure you time yourself though. Make note of any weak areas and go over them.

I bookmarked this thread when I originally found it a month or two ago. I wanted to be a member of the club in a very bad way.

VA-461(99)
Bio-447(96)
RC-449(97)
QA-429(84)
Chem-463(98)
Comp-450(99)

I highly recommend Dr. Collins' packet. Although I'm pretty confident I could have scored in the high 90s without it, the 99th percentile is indubitably due to his packet.

My study routine was fairly consistent over 4.5 months, taking full-time classes and working 20 hrs a week the entire time. I spent an average of 2-3 hrs a day the first few months, then really picked up my stride a for the last two months. The last month I put a good 5-7 hours/day most every day. I went over every Collins test timed twice, and then reviewed recalcitrant problems that I highlighted in the back of the subtest a couple days before the exam. I also went over the Pearson exams after I took each one, and made sure I understood the material conceptually for every problem.

I also pretty much memorized the Kaplan bio, which wasn't really all that helpful. As far as the verbal section goes, I memorized about 4000 GRE words, which was immeasurably helpful on the verbal. (I scored 99th and finished with ~15 minutes to spare on that particular section).

Wow, congrats. Your effort is definitely representative of your scores. I studied 2+ hours a day for a couple moths and got an 83. Did you do anything special for Reading or do you just read often? It was by far my weakest area but I didn't prepare for that section much. I figured it wasn't an area you could really improve quickly....However, I think if I retake the PCAT ill definetly do more to prepare for it.

VA-461(99)
Bio-447(96)
RC-449(97)
QA-429(84)
Chem-463(98)
Comp-450(99)

Hi, Congratulations on your results =] What sources/books did you use to learn your GRE words?

Thanks,
DJ

Hey!
I am an avid reader and have done really well in all my English classes. For some reason, I absolutely suck at the reading comprehension portion of the exam. I have no clue as to what I am doing wrong.
Can someone suggest any websites/other material that will help me improve?
Thanks!

hi guys, i was just wondering if 53 composite score good....My previous score was.

OLD..................... New Score
VA:17.................. VA: 40
Bio:25................. BIO:94
RC:8....... ............RC: 34
QA:24..... ............QA:36
CHM: 32.............. CHM:48
Composite:15.......... Composite:53

hi guys, i was just wondering if 53 composite score good....My previous score was.

OLD..................... New Score
VA:17.................. VA: 40
Bio:25................. BIO:94
RC:8....... ............RC: 34
QA:24..... ............QA:36
CHM: 32.............. CHM:48
Composite:15.......... Composite:53

No, a 53 composite is not good. While you might be able to eek out an interview at a few fringe schools, most are going to frown at that low of a score, seeing that you only scored well in one section.

No, a 53 composite is not good. While you might be able to eek out an interview at a few fringe schools, most are going to frown at that low of a score, seeing that you only scored well in one section.

I wouldn't say that the poster's chances are THAT bad. Remember that GPA factors into the equation as well. The score has improved drastically, but still below the average by quite a few schools by 10-20 percent.

If you don't want to take the PCAT again, roll the dice. However, be prepared to hear that your PCAT is a deterring factor for some schools.

Maybe its just me..but to all of you out there that say you can't afford Dr. Collins materials, this is possibly one of the most important tests you'll take next to the NAPLEX. You're already going to spend $100k-200k on pharmacy school, not to mention several hundred, if not thousands, of dollars applying and going to interviews. To me, the $325 was very worth it if it even has the chance of making me a more competitive applicant. I'm not saying that money is no object or anything, but relative to everything else, isn't $325 an acceptable cost compared to the probable rewards?

I feel personally offended by this post. You really have no right to suggest other people can truly afford something when they say they can't. You obviously have a steady income, probably from your parents. But some of us, such as myself, are struggling to even pay for the PCAT registration fees. I rely on scholarships and federal grants to pay for tuition without a penny from my parents. If I had the money for Collins I would get in in the heartbeat, but my first priority is finding the money for application fees after barely being able to afford my housing, transportation, and textbooks. :(

I feel personally offended by this post. You really have no right to suggest other people can truly afford something when they say they can't. You obviously have a steady income, probably from your parents. But some of us, such as myself, are struggling to even pay for the PCAT registration fees. I rely on scholarships and federal grants to pay for tuition without a penny from my parents. If I had the money for Collins I would get in in the heartbeat, but my first priority is finding the money for application fees after barely being able to afford my housing, transportation, and textbooks. :(

I don't think he meant to offend anyone, I believe he is trying to say Dr. Collins packet is extremely helpful. He shouldn't have said it they way he did as some people really can't afford it and it's a shame that some people have to go thru that.

Hi I need your advice.
I had to make one choice buy the collins book or take the Kaplan class. My mom said the Kaplan class was better because she heard of someone passing the PCAT with a very high percentile after taking the course. I chose the Kaplan class. Now that I've looked into it more I should have bought the book instead, however, I can't change my decision now.
I'm half way through the course and my score on the practice exams are
Verbal: 362
RC: 302
Bio: 343---I haven't taken Bio II yet
QA: 389
Chem. 399

I need a high score (like a 444 or above) to overcome my low gpa, What do you suggest I should do without having to buy more material. I have to pay for tuition and textbooks, so I need something that's available in the library or online.
Also, I'm taking the PCAT in September, so how should I be studying?

Hi I need your advice.
I had to make one choice buy the collins book or take the Kaplan class. My mom said the Kaplan class was better because she heard of someone passing the PCAT with a very high percentile after taking the course. I chose the Kaplan class. Now that I've looked into it more I should have bought the book instead, however, I can't change my decision now.
I'm half way through the course and my score on the practice exams are
Verbal: 362
RC: 302
Bio: 343---I haven't taken Bio II yet
QA: 389
Chem. 399

I need a high score (like a 444 or above) to overcome my low gpa, What do you suggest I should do without having to buy more material. I have to pay for tuition and textbooks, so I need something that's available in the library or online.
Also, I'm taking the PCAT in September, so how should I be studying?

Have you taken all of the pre-reqs? Your scores are quite poor and frankly, if you haven't taken all of the pre-reqs, I don't know what study guides will help you learn the material that you haven't been taught yet.