PCAT timing strategies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DEBPRINCIPLE

Reaction score
I'm confused as to how the timing work in PCAT.

I took the Pearson practice exams and they had a timer on top of the testing screen. On actual PCAT, would there be something like that?
Is the timer going to start once the exam begins and just go on or would I be able to reset it to 0 every section? Can I have a wristwatch to help me track of time?

Is it true I can spend less time on one section and devote more time on another section? For example, if I spend 30 minutes on critical reading, I would have about 20 minutes more for the math section.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm confused as to how the timing work in PCAT.

I took the Pearson practice exams and they had a timer on top of the testing screen. On actual PCAT, would there be something like that?
Is the timer going to start once the exam begins and just go on or would I be able to reset it to 0 every section? Can I have a wristwatch to help me track of time?

Is it true I can spend less time on one section and devote more time on another section? For example, if I spend 30 minutes on critical reading, I would have about 20 minutes more for the math section.
It doesnt work like that. The time rests automatically for each section

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @DEBPRINCIPLE! Each section is individually timed. Here are the times for allowed for each section:
  • Writing - 30 minutes
  • Biological processes - 45 minutes
  • Chemical processes - 45 minutes
  • Critical reasoning - 50 minutes
  • Quantitative reasoning - 50 minutes
You cannot bring a wristwatch into the testing center. I was not allowed to bring anything with the exception of my ID. There will be a clock on the computer that counts down on each section while you are taking the exam.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user