PCAT Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lavenderhearts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi future pharmacists,

It's been awhile since I have been exposed to the pcat and the pearson tests. Money issues is keeping me out of school to complete my pharmacy school prerequisites. I plan on buying Dr. Collins study guide and 3 Pearson Practice tests to go on head and study for and take the PCAT. I just hope I'm not taking it too early cause some schools have a limit to how long they will accept PCAT scores.

I want to know what changes have been made to the PCAT and materials to study for it. Is the PCAT harder than it used to be? Please give me all the details.

Thank all of you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi future pharmacists,

It's been awhile since I have been exposed to the pcat and the pearson tests. Money issues is keeping me out of school to complete my pharmacy school prerequisites. I plan on buying Dr. Collins study guide and 3 Pearson Practice tests to go on head and study for and take the PCAT. I just hope I'm not taking it too early cause some schools have a limit to how long they will accept PCAT scores.

I want to know what changes have been made to the PCAT and materials to study for it. Is the PCAT harder than it used to be? Please give me all the details.

Thank all of you

Just wanted to share this with you-This info is directly from "http://pcatweb.info/PCAT-Updates.php"
Blueprint changes for 2016-17
  • Biological Processes and Chemical Processes: 40% of the items in each of these two subtests (formerly called Biology and Chemistry) are associated with passages that focus on a specific research study or experiment requiring content knowledge and analytic skills to interpret and evaluate.
  • Critical Reading: 40% of items in this subtest (formerly called Reading Comprehension) include items that require the interpretation, analysis, and evaluation of passages with humanities or social science content.
  • Quantitative Reasoning: This subtest (formerly called Quantitative Ability) includes a greater proportion of items on basic math and algebra content, with fewer items covering precalculus and calculus. Also, 50% of the items in this subtest involve a practical scenario or situation and pose a quantitative problem that must be solved.
  • Use of a calculator and a periodic table: An online standard calculator will be provided for use with the Biological Processes, Chemical Processes, and Quantitative Reasoning subtests, and a periodic table will be provided for use with the Chemical Processes subtest.
  • Verbal Ability: To allow additional time for the Biological Processes and Chemical Processes subtests without lengthening the overall testing time, the Verbal Ability subtest is no longer part of the PCAT.