PCO Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I've been vacillating between I.C.O. and P.C.O. for a little bit, now, myself, though I'm leaning toward the latter. I don't know a car would be necessary at P.C.O. (I quite doubt it would be at I.C.O.). In terms of employment, work-study programs are all that were mentioned at either school (few students, it appeared, chose to work outside the school, as classes greatly restrict workable hours), when I was interviewed. Both said students tend not to look into the opportunity until at least after their first semester; P.C.O. also mentioned ~fifteen hours per week seems to be the limit of what students ever can handle.

In my opinion, both P.C.O. and I.C.O. are quite good about correspondence; S.U.N.Y. might be the worst I've dealt with, in this regard, though, in fairness, this time during the application-season (March–May) must be rather hectic for admissions offices.

Anyway, good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I've been vacillating between I.C.O. and P.C.O. for a little bit, now, myself, though I'm leaning toward the latter. I don't know a car would be necessary at P.C.O. (I quite doubt it would be at I.C.O.). In terms of employment, work-study programs are all that were mentioned at either school (few students, it appeared, chose to work outside the school, as classes greatly restrict workable hours), when I was interviewed. Both said students tend not to look into the opportunity until at least after their first semester; P.C.O. also mentioned ~fifteen hours per week seems to be the limit of what students ever can handle.

In my opinion, both P.C.O. and I.C.O. are quite good about correspondence; S.U.N.Y. might be the worst I've dealt with, in this regard, though, in fairness, this time during the application-season (March–May) must be rather hectic for admissions offices.

Anyway, good luck.

well I have fam in the PCO area that I would more than likely stay with but the walk to public transportation is not something I would want to do every morning, especially in the winter and when its time for clinicals. So for me a car would be important. Also my situation is a little special, I am a foreign student so the vast majority of work study options aren't applicable to me, and I know how time consuming the curriculum is but its also very $$ (think of what you will have to cover x2 for conversion) and since most of my tuition will be covered by my parents its good to have a little job to ease the burden a little.

I've actually had better communication experiences with both ICO and SUNY and I've dropped PCO a few emails and pretty much still waiting on a response, but I get that its crunch time so its not playing against them. They're both good and pretty much on par... just have to make sure I consider everything

But thanks and Good luck on your decision as well, maybe we'll be classmates.

Hey, so, does anyone live at, or has anyone checked out, Brookview? How is it? Heat? Average monthly electric bill? General quality, concerns?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

I have just been recently accepted to PCO for the fall and was hoping to get to know a few of you!

Does anyone know how the orientation works and anything about the White Coat reception?

-- Sara