PCO Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SarahNC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My husband and I went up to Philadelphia last week and looked for places to live, without much luck. We are from North Carolina, so the price increase (over double what we pay now) was a huge shock. Some places we did find were not near the school, so the question I have is, is it a bad idea to not live near the school? The townhomes we are thinking about were in Blue Bell, about a 20 minute drive. We got on a waiting list for a 1 bedroom apartment at Brookview, but this costed the same as a 2 bedroom townhouse in Blue Bell.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. My wife and I will moving to the area as I will also be starting PCO this fall, so if you find something nice let me know as well. The ones we looked at online is like 1200 a month, which is a big difference than the NC prices. I've been in Florida the last 4 years, so the price isn't too big of a jump. What part of NC are you from? I'm originally from Morganton (foothills of the mountains).

We still haven't found anything and I don't mind driving 20 minutes to get there, but am concerned as to winter weather and we are not used to driving in the snow (In NC, EVERYTHING closes when it snows!)

So, any current PCO students, can you please give some advice on the max distance you would live from school, and what happens when it snows, if you have to miss class, etc?