You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCO (Salus) Class of 2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I live on the East coast & decided I'd rather be driving distance from my friends and family.Hey I thought you were going to pacific!?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I accepted an offer Salus a few weeks ago for the traditional program. If I remember correctly there is a FB page for all enrolled students. When we'll get an invite to that page, I don't know.
Not yet, I think a response will be given either tomorrow after their last interview for 2017 or Friday once they have a full faculty meeting.Has anyone who interviewed last week hear back yet?
I was just notified as of a few minutes ago through email. Hopefully, everyone who interviewed hears back soon! Good luck to all! =)Has anyone who interviewed last week hear back yet?
I was just notified as of a few minutes ago through email. Hopefully, everyone who interviewed hears back soon! Good luck to all! =)
Congrats! What day did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
I interviewed on 12/14.Congrats! What day did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
I interviewed last week and heard back from admissions yesterday!
Congratulations! Is Salus your top choice?I interviewed last week and heard back from admissions yesterday!
Congratulations! Is Salus your top choice?
Yes! It is the only program I applied to. I'm a little worried about the tuition costs though. I was debating on applying to other schools that don't cost as much. SUNY instate is almost half the price! And you can be considered instate after your first year living in New York.
Yes, the tuition is pretty tough to look past unfortunately :/ I'll be looking into joining the Air Force/Navy for assistance. But of course attending a cheaper school wouldn't hurt. Lots of pro's and con's to weigh!Yes! It is the only program I applied to. I'm a little worried about the tuition costs though. I was debating on applying to other schools that don't cost as much. SUNY instate is almost half the price! And you can be considered instate after your first year living in New York.
I'm 95% sure I'll be attending Saluc PCO in Fall 2018!Is anyone attending Salus PCO in Fall 2018? And if you guys are, is there a facebook page? I'm trying to find other students to potentially room with.
Is anyone attending Salus PCO in Fall 2018? And if you guys are, is there a facebook page? I'm trying to find other students to potentially room with.
I'm pretty sure I'll be at PCO this fall (contemplating my other 2 scheduled interviews/waiting for feedback from MCPHS)!! Also will be looking for a room-mate...I know they start up a FB group to help with that process but I'm unsure when
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 95% sure I'll be attending Saluc PCO in Fall 2018!
I'm pretty sure I'll be at PCO this fall (contemplating my other 2 scheduled interviews/waiting for feedback from MCPHS)!! Also will be looking for a room-mate...I know they start up a FB group to help with that process but I'm unsure when
Congratulations on your acceptances! Assuming you accept, will you be in the traditional program at Salus?
Yep, traditional program!Congratulations on your acceptances! Assuming you accept, will you be in the traditional program at Salus?
I have a question about the PCO program -- I know it's semester-based...but after checking out their website for the layout of the program, it looks like you only get a break between the fall/winter semesters. I'm used to getting a couple weeks off after every semester, but it doesn't look like that for the other semesters. Am I right in thinking that you only get 1 break between all 3 semesters that make up each year? Just was wondering 🙂
Tough decision there! Both are good schoolsI’m also accepted into the traditional program. Deciding between PCO and OSU.
You appear to be correct from what I see in PCO's catalog. I think the limited number of breaks is so clinical experiences can be introduced as early as the 3rd year.I have a question about the PCO program -- I know it's semester-based...but after checking out their website for the layout of the program, it looks like you only get a break between the fall/winter semesters. I'm used to getting a couple weeks off after every semester, but it doesn't look like that for the other semesters. Am I right in thinking that you only get 1 break between all 3 semesters that make up each year? Just was wondering 🙂
Interviewed around 2 weeks ago; on the waitlist :/ at least it tells me when I should hear back from the by..Interviewed there 3 weeks ago and still haven’t heard. Any current PCO students out there who heard back late when they were applying? Getting a little worried :|
Hello, Salus will make your class FB page public once the finalized list of matriculating students is released to us. We have your page created, it just isn't posted for you all yet because we want only students attending the university to be part of the page, instead of any student who applied and was given an acceptance letter. Congratulations on your decision, you chose a great university! 🙂
I have a question about the PCO program -- I know it's semester-based...but after checking out their website for the layout of the program, it looks like you only get a break between the fall/winter semesters. I'm used to getting a couple weeks off after every semester, but it doesn't look like that for the other semesters. Am I right in thinking that you only get 1 break between all 3 semesters that make up each year? Just was wondering 🙂
Hello,
I am a first year Salus student. We get a good three-four weeks off in the summer term where it is a true summer break. We are ending our semester May 1th this year. We have a three-week externship to complete during the summer (around June-beginning of July) which will basically be like a full time experience for three weeks and you can complete this at a location around/in your hometown. We start back up mid-july to begin Second year. I'm not sure about the other years for our class or for your class since they are making changes to our curriculum based on student feedback but this semester we also get a spring break (one week) and Easter break (four days) 🙂
I meant to type May 11th, sorry about thatHello,
I am a first year Salus student. We get a good three-four weeks off in the summer term where it is a true summer break. We are ending our semester May 1th this year. We have a three-week externship to complete during the summer (around June-beginning of July) which will basically be like a full time experience for three weeks and you can complete this at a location around/in your hometown. We start back up mid-july to begin Second year. I'm not sure about the other years for our class or for your class since they are making changes to our curriculum based on student feedback but this semester we also get a spring break (one week) and Easter break (four days) 🙂
Thank you so much for letting me know & the detailed response!! This is amazing news 🙂 Looking forward to this fall!!Hello,
I am a first year Salus student. We get a good three-four weeks off in the summer term where it is a true summer break. We are ending our semester May 1th this year. We have a three-week externship to complete during the summer (around June-beginning of July) which will basically be like a full time experience for three weeks and you can complete this at a location around/in your hometown. We start back up mid-july to begin Second year. I'm not sure about the other years for our class or for your class since they are making changes to our curriculum based on student feedback but this semester we also get a spring break (one week) and Easter break (four days) 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been able to access their MySalus account yet? I've had my Salus email set up for a while and was told we'd get access to the portal soon but it's been a couple months lol
I think I was able to access the portal less than a week after I set up my Salus email. The username should be what they sent you (without @salus.edu). For my password I can't remember if I put in the password they gave me or if it was my new one I changed it to. Try both! But currently my login for the portal is the new password I made up.
Hey!! Does it take awhile for them to reply to your request to join the group? I've tried 3 times now (since mid Jan) and every time I go back to check it out it keeps saying "Join group" so I feel like they're denying me access hahah which is super weird. I don't want to keep bugging them, but I really want to check out what's going on in the group/reach out about roommates!! Should I call admissions maybe to see what's on the go?The Facebook page is now active!! You can find it through the MySalus portal > Admissions > Admitted Students and you'll see the link off to the right side 🙂
Hey!! Does it take awhile for them to reply to your request to join the group? I've tried 3 times now (since mid Jan) and every time I go back to check it out it keeps saying "Join group" so I feel like they're denying me access hahah which is super weird. I don't want to keep bugging them, but I really want to check out what's going on in the group/reach out about roommates!! Should I call admissions maybe to see what's on the go?
Really? I just requested today and it was accepted a few hours later! Is your Facebook name the same as your actual name? And have you put down your deposit and what not? I was gonna say maybe they’re only allowing students who are actually matriculating and not just all accepted students? Maybe try reaching out and messaging an admin
Congrats! What day did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
What was everyone's OAT score if they don't mind sharing?
I received an interview with PCO roughly two weeks ago with an average GPA, however my OAT scores are extremely low (retaking it soon), I received a letter but they didn't say my application was on hold/waitlisted or anything...what are my chances of getting in?
What was everyone's OAT score if they don't mind sharing?
I received an interview with PCO roughly two weeks ago with an average GPA, however my OAT scores are extremely low (retaking it soon), I received a letter but they didn't say my application was on hold/waitlisted or anything...what are my chances of getting in?
I got a 340, but my GPA is low for sure. They might wait for your retake scores and if those go well you should be set! If they do tell you they're waiting on the retake make sure you ask what score they're looking for.
What was your score?What was everyone's OAT score if they don't mind sharing?
I received an interview with PCO roughly two weeks ago with an average GPA, however my OAT scores are extremely low (retaking it soon), I received a letter but they didn't say my application was on hold/waitlisted or anything...what are my chances of getting in?
About two weeks!I interviewed for PCO on Thursday March 1st. Approximately how long did everyone have to wait before hearing back?
Yeah. About two weeks! Never been so nervous!
I had my interview on Feb 22, and they sent me an email that I should hear back in 2 weeks. It's been more than 2 weeks and I have called and emailed them. They said that committee will have to make a decision and they will notify me. Did this happen to anyone?
9
901667
I had my interview on Feb 22, and they sent me an email that I should hear back in 2 weeks. It's been more than 2 weeks and I have called and emailed them. They said that committee will have to make a decision and they will notify me. Did this happen to anyone?
Same thing happened to me and I interviewed the same week as you.
Does anyone know how they offer admissions to people on the standby list since it is not ranked?
Not sure, but stay hopeful! You'll probably hear back within the next 2 weeks or so. The final matriculation fee is due April 1st so hopefully you'll know around that time from people who aren't paying the final deposit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you 🙂Not sure, but stay hopeful! You'll probably hear back within the next 2 weeks or so. The final matriculation fee is due April 1st so hopefully you'll know around that time from people who aren't paying the final deposit.
I don't know how they offer admission to people on the list, but I interviewed on February 22nd, was put on the standby list on February 28th, and got off the list and accepted on March 29th! So don't give up hope! I'm sure more spaces will open up.Does anyone know how they offer admissions to people on the standby list since it is not ranked?
Anyone currently provisionally accepted into PCO? If so, what is the provisional regarding? Thank you!
Anyone currently provisionally accepted into PCO? If so, what is the provisional regarding? Thank you!
Your acceptance letter should indicate what needs to be fulfilled. As long as you complete whatever is missing and submit it to the school by the deadline then you should be good!
Your acceptance letter should indicate what needs to be fulfilled. As long as you complete whatever is missing and submit it to the school by the deadline then you should be good!
I know what I need to fulfill according to my acceptance letter, I was just curious what others might be needing to complete! Thank you!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K