PCOM Atlanta interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobeavers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently recieved an invite to interview at PCOM-Ga in jan. Does anybody know how the interview is down there, how many people they accept from the interview ect?? And lastly, how is the school, i know it is brand new, is it pretty nice?

Thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

I currently attend pcom-ga, and they have been interviewing since last October. The interview day typically consist of breakfast or lunch depending on when you are scheduled with the admissions staff, then in any order your interview with a faculty member and usually a DO, then a tour of the school given by one of our student ambassadors. The facilites are really nice and like you said the school is new, so there has been some bumps along the way. However, the good thing for the next class is that we are the test subjects, so hopefully most of the kinks will be worked out by August 2006. The school has great potential, but it is a working progress like anything in life. There are several positives about pcom-ga, all of which you will hear about on your interview day.

Good Luck:)

gobeavers said:
I recently recieved an invite to interview at PCOM-Ga in jan. Does anybody know how the interview is down there, how many people they accept from the interview ect?? And lastly, how is the school, i know it is brand new, is it pretty nice?

Thanks guys!!

Congratulations on your interview invite. I can't answer your question. I actually have one for you. About how long had you been complete before you received your invite? I'm just curious because I am really interested in this school. Thanks and good luck. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
gobeavers said:

Thanks guys!!
Like Nicola above, I'm a student at GA-PCOM as well.
The interview should go smoothly, as it has for most people. Check out the interview feedback page on SDN for our school. Not too many responses, but almost all are very positive. As always with any interview, be able to defend your choice of osteopathy, your grades and test scores, your reason to go into medicine and so on and be confident.

From what our administration has said, we are going to accept about 80-90 students for c/o 2010, and an additional couple dozen graduate students. School facilities are nice, and has the "new school" smell.

When in Jan is your interview?

Hiya! I just interviewed at PCOM-GA. The interview was very low stress and conducted by a DO and a PhD. It was much less of a question and answer session and much more a conversation, which is easier, but makes it kind of hard to know how you did. It seems like they are much more interested in getting a sense of your personality than drilling you. As others have mentioned, the facilities look great - very high tech and the student/cadaver ratio for anatomy is very good. It sounds like plenty of rotations will be available, possibly not locally, but throughout the southeast at least.

The interview day itself was sort of disappointing - after being offered a muffin (which everyone was too nervous to eat), we were led to the lobby of the admissions office which was to be our home for the next four hours. Each interview lasts about 30 min, and the rest of the time you just sit around. There were no presentations or formal meet and greets, you just sit there and wait and then, after everyone interviews, you get a fifteen minute tour of the building.

Students seem very friendly, as did the few faculty we were able to meet. Most students made some mention of unspecified "growing pains". We experienced a bit of this ourselves, as the interviewers told us a completely different timeline and process for decisions than did the admissions director - the interviewers said the admin committee will meet and to expect a letter within 2 wks vs. the admin director who said decisions will be made today, but don't expect a letter for 4-6 weeks! I imagine some of the growing pains might have to do with similar issues - people perhaps not being on the same page about policies and procedures, etc. Probably not a deal breaker, but having been in the admin and student role, I know that stuff like this can get very frustrating, very quick.

(Personal aside - If it truly is 4-6 weeks for a decision, even though it's my first choice, PCOM-GA may lose me, simply because I will need to put a deposit down elsewhere. "We'll decide today, but not let you know for 4-6 weeks" ? Come on. This kind of makes me wonder about the admin at this school?)

As far as how many they accept, a statistic which was batted around was that out of 3000 applications, they interview about 300 , for about 86 seats. You're on your own as far as extrapolating from these numbers - I'm sure that more than 1/3 of interviewees get accepted, how much more I dont know.

Best of luck! :)