PCOM Atlanta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc G

RESPECT MY AUTHORITA!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone received secondary from PCOM Atlanta yet???? Just trying to get some details on what their questions will be

Members don't see this ad.

doc G said:
Anyone received secondary from PCOM Atlanta yet???? Just trying to get some details on what their questions will be
Be prepared to answer questions like why pcom-ga and why osteopathic medicine. If you live in the area, set up a tour and talk to some of the staff. It will benefit you greatly if you really want to go there. It worked for me.

max831 said:
Be prepared to answer questions like why pcom-ga and why osteopathic medicine. If you live in the area, set up a tour and talk to some of the staff. It will benefit you greatly if you really want to go there. It worked for me.

The PCOM and PCOM-Ga application are one-in-the-same.

When I received the PCOM application, it asks in the "fine print" that you should sent a supporting supplemental application for both campuses.

Members don't see this ad :)
max831 said:

Thanks for the advice.....I am going there next Friday for a tour of the campus. When you went for the tour did you wear a suit or just a nice shirt and tie with slacks?? I think I am going to wear a suit since this is the first impression I will make...better make it a good one.

doc G said:
Thanks for the advice.....I am going there next Friday for a tour of the campus. When you went for the tour did you wear a suit or just a nice shirt and tie with slacks?? I think I am going to wear a suit since this is the first impression I will make...better make it a good one.
Definitely a suit.

max831 said:
Definitely a suit.

I dunno, I went to an open house for PCOM in philly earlier this year and I wore a nice shirt, tie and dress pants. Lots of people even wore jeans. The atmosphere was very casual and most of the time is spent touring the campus with other students. The director of admissions was there and everyone had a chance to meet her but most people did not. If you do plan on shaking hands and meeting some faculty I guess a suit may help. I have to say that they were just happy people are interested in their school and I don't think they paid any attention to what people wore (although I am sure dressing too casually can hurt you). But if it is 100 degrees and you think you may sweat to death I think you'll be just fine without a suit.

Good luck and have fun!

^ shoot, is this tour something you set up yourself with the school? If so and if you will likely be the only person on it or with only a few other people then I would recommend a suit as well. At the open house I went to there were like 100-200 people so if you wanted to dress casual and avoid speaking with anyone from the school in that was easier. I guess a personal tour is slightly more formal since you will definitely be making an impression to the people there.

Anyways let us know how the campus is for those of us who aren't in the area. :)

When I set up my tour last year, they said dress business casual. So a nice shirt and slacks should be fine, but wear a suit if you are more comfortable. If you could also hold off on touring the campus until a few weeks after classes start so you will be able to meet the students. This was the biggest selling point for me. They were all so excited to be there, it was the main reason the I applied.

GA-PCOM 2010

doc G said:

I'm a soon-to-be second year student at GA-PCOM. If you are coming on friday just for a campus visit/tour/look-see, you don't need to dress up. Pants with a polo or something will be good enough. As school won't be open yet when you come, either a work-study student, or someone from student affairs will show you around, and the school wll be pretty quiet.

All the faculty are busy developing next year's curriculum and lectures, and wouldn't even notice if you came in with a hula-skirt and trucker-hat.

It's pretty hot out right now, so I recommend to not bother with suits and ties and such riff-raff - my two cents, hope you like the place.