PCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an interview invite for December! I am so excited, PCOM is my top choice. At the same time, I am worried it might be too late in the process :(. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh that is good to know, thank you. That makes me feel better.

Did you pay when you booked it and then she refunded you the money or did you pay when you got to the hotel?

I did not pay when booking it online. When I reserve it online, I need to give them my credit card info but they never charged me a nickel until 2 days after i checked out the hotel. On the day of your check out, they will give you a copy of the billing statement. Just make sure you tell the people at the front desk that you are here visiting PCOM when you are checking in.

I just got an interview invite for December! I am so excited, PCOM is my top choice. At the same time, I am worried it might be too late in the process :(. Any thoughts?

do you remember when your file was complete?

I believe it was sometime around October 9th, so about a month ago.

becoool, becool!
Couldn't help myself, damnit!

becoool, becool!
Couldn't help myself, damnit!

Haha :). I joined SDN about 5 years ago right around the time I started College. This was an old email username from High School. God I was such a dork back then!

Haha :). I joined SDN about 5 years ago right around the time I started College. This was an old email username from High School. God I was such a dork back then!

dorks rule, may you never grow out of it!

Come on PCOM, give me some lovin

I know, what does it take to get noticed by them?

They haven't even deigned to give me a "you're complete" letter yet (although I have called and indeed confirmed that I am).

Hmm, maybe sandwich boards? Paint up a sign that says my accomas ID and why they should admit me, then go hang out in front of the admissions office.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm i wonder when the next batch of post-interview decisions will be made..hopefully b4 my hefty deposit is due at another school! good luck to everyone waiting!:love:

I know, what does it take to get noticed by them?

They haven't even deigned to give me a "you're complete" letter yet (although I have called and indeed confirmed that I am).

Hmm, maybe sandwich boards? Paint up a sign that says my accomas ID and why they should admit me, then go hang out in front of the admissions office.

I was actually in philly this past weekend, and debated stopping by PCOM but I never really got the chance.

ITs okay though, I had philly cheesesteaks all weekend. Two not so good but the third was teh **** cause somebody who actually lives in philly took us to it.

I think one or two of my arteries are now blocked however.

I was actually in philly this past weekend, and debated stopping by PCOM but I never really got the chance.

ITs okay though, I had philly cheesesteaks all weekend. Two not so good but the third was teh **** cause somebody who actually lives in philly took us to it.

I think one or two of my arteries are now blocked however.

Where'd you go for cheesesteaks?

Two not so good: Geno and Pats. One good: Jim's on S. and 4th.

HAHAha Pats was where I had the best one!

I guess I'll have to try Jim's when PCOM invites me for an interview :D

Philly is awesome though. Forgot what a cool place it is.

You may not get the best cheesesteaks from pat's or geno's but they are not bad. I hear good things about Jim's, but have never gotten around to going yet.

Forget Pat's and Geno's, it's all about Tony Luke's!

Come on, he beat Bobby Flay!

Check out Mama's on Belmont near school for a good cheesesteak. Best one I have had in the city so far.

I submitted on Sept 25 and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried at this point? I'm going to call again tomorrow. Last time I called they told me they couldn't tell me if my application was complete til it was reviewed. I'm sad I really had hoped to get an interview from them.

What's the easiest way to get to the campus from downtown/the airport?
I don't have the faintest idea how, but take a bus/subway/train from the airport to 30th Street Station and then take the bus from 30th Street to PCOM.

This will take over an hour. You can also take a taxi but its gonna cost a lot.

Rugby is intense. When I was in Australia we played Aussie Rules football which is not exactly rugby and a bit more tame. It was still intense. At a buck fifty five you might want to abstain, haha.

You'll be fine. There are a lot of guys on the team that are that small. The guys I know who play love it. I guess there are a lot of practicing physicians who went to PCOM that still come out and play as well.

i've had enough!
i'm calling pcom tomorrow and yelling at them

You'll be fine. There are a lot of guys on the team that are that small. The guys I know who play love it. I guess there are a lot of practicing physicians who went to PCOM that still come out and play as well.

I'm thinking soccer or rugby, but I haven't really played either regularly.

If one has an interview at the end of this month (like in a couple days), when can one expect a decision? Would it be sometime before the middle of december?

If one has an interview at the end of this month (like in a couple days), when can one expect a decision? Would it be sometime before the middle of december?

not too sure, but when I interviewed on the 10th they said I would kno no later than Dec 15th..I sure hope its before then b/c that's when my LECOM deposit is due! (not sure which I would choose at this point..I live 3 min away from LECOM haha)

-as for the rugby discussion, i've played for 5 yrs and trust me, there is a position for any size person

I think the committee meets every 3 weeks. Not sure though.

I think PCOM will realize that the deposit date for almost all DO schools is coming up (less than a month). I'm assuming that they will meet earlier than normal to give opportunities to those with multiple acceptances. That said, I'm not sure if this is true, I'm just speculating.

Forget Pat's and Geno's, it's all about Tony Luke's!

Come on, he beat Bobby Flay!

Tony Luke's is by far the best. I recommend everyone to try them. Great subs too.

Tony Luke's is by far the best. I recommend everyone to try them. Great subs too.

Ah, somebody else with good taste!

Now I want a PCOM interview so I have the opportunity to swing by and get a cheesesteak!

But really, I'm getting antsy....letter of interest time, perhaps? Do they even read those?

Ah, somebody else with good taste!

Now I want a PCOM interview so I have the opportunity to swing by and get a cheesesteak!

But really, I'm getting antsy....letter of interest time, perhaps? Do they even read those?

How long you been complete?

I have also yet to hear from PCOM and it is my first choice. I have been complete (I imagine, since I never got a letter either) since the first week of October. When I mailed my application in I included a stamped postcard for them to send back upon receipt and I got that back around October 7. I called earlier this week and they told me my application was complete and waiting to be reviewed. I guess its a relief that no one has looked at my file yet, and the delay is just a matter of them being slow. I would really love to interview in December, because thats when a bunch of my other interviews are. Come on PCOM!

I have also yet to hear from PCOM and it is my first choice. I have been complete (I imagine, since I never got a letter either) since the first week of October. When I mailed my application in I included a stamped postcard for them to send back upon receipt and I got that back around October 7. I called earlier this week and they told me my application was complete and waiting to be reviewed. I guess its a relief that no one has looked at my file yet, and the delay is just a matter of them being slow. I would really love to interview in December, because thats when a bunch of my other interviews are. Come on PCOM!

I have no idea. They told me I was complete over the phone, but I never got an official notice of when I was complete.

Today guys! Today we will all get interview invites :banana::banana::banana:

So I'm a senior applying to med schools this year, and I was a little late getting on the ball with DO schools (because I didn't realize that I wanted to apply DO until late September, when I shadowed a fantastic doctor). Anyway, my primary was verified last Friday, and AACOM says that PCOM received it yesterday.

Does anyone know when should I expect to hear from PCOM about a secondary? I'm anxious to get it in because I'm running so late!! I remember some MD schools gave me secondaries immediately (even before I was verified by AMCAS), some gave them the day I was verified, and a couple took several weeks to email me their secondaries. I just wanted to know what I should be expecting! Thanks!

I had my PCOM interview yesterday...I loved the school!!! I hope everyone in my interview group gets accepted. :D

Does anyone know when the ADCOM will meet again? i read every 3 weeks but is it like the 3rd week of the month? waiting is not fun...

Last edited:
i loved it too! i also loved the way the day was set up, u really get to know ur fellow interviewees.

I had my PCOM interview yesterday...I loved the school!!! I hope everyone in my interview group gets accepted. :D

Does anyone know when the ADCOM will meet again? i read every 3 weeks but is it like the 3rd week of the month? waiting is not fun...

I had my interview yesterday (Thursday) and I think they said they're meeting next week and hope to let everyone in my group know by Dec. 15th. She couldn't promise we'd know by Dec. 15th, but that's what they're hoping for for my group.