PCOM-GA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im staying at the super 8
edit: for the love of god, do not stay here

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
im staying at the super 8
edit: for the love of god, do not stay here

Hahaha!! Hilarious edit. Sorry it wasn't good. That stinks. Hopefully the interview went okay though :)

Yeah.... I don't recommend that any of you stay at Super8. There are several hotels on the school website that offer discounted rates for PCOM. Just tell them you're interviewing and they'll give you the discount. Most of them offer shuttles as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my application in December and haven't heard anything about an interview. My gpa for science and overall is between 3.8 and 3.9, mcat is 27q. I've completed cma training including clinical rotations with DO's and have since done some shadowing. I also have a good bit of life and career experience in engineering and I am a military vet. Any insight would be nice, I really like this school and area so I just want to see if I am too late or what others may have to say

I completed my application in December and haven't heard anything about an interview. My gpa for science and overall is between 3.8 and 3.9, mcat is 27q. I've completed cma training including clinical rotations with DO's and have since done some shadowing. I also have a good bit of life and career experience in engineering and I am a military vet. Any insight would be nice, I really like this school and area so I just want to see if I am too late or what others may have to say

Just curious, where do you live?
Have you called the admissions office already to see if any problems arose? I'm going to send you a pm

I am interviewing on March 5th! Anyone else interviewing then?

Do the one who have already interviewed have any tips??

Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!

i believe the committee meets today

Just relax and go in there with confidence. Expect to ask some questions to your interviewers but overall just be yourself. The faculty is extremely nice. The students who gave the tour were very friendly and helpful as well. Don't be scared.

Just found out yesterday that I've been accepted!! Good luck to everyone during the interview process!

Guess I didn't get in then

Not necessarily, they mail acceptances so you still can get something in the next day or so. I got mine almost a week after it was post marked an I just live in AL.

It was the most stress free of all my interviews. Just be yoursel and tell them why you want to go there and any ties to the area. Also, don't read too much into it if your interview is super short. Mine was 12 minutes, I was worried, but I got accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview this morning and it was pretty good. There were good points and times when I know I sounded like an idiot.
I was terrified and admitted that at the beginning.
The school seems wonderful. It is in a warehouse but they have equipment and facilities that rival large allopathic schools and the professors know the students.
I really hope I get in, my fiancè is a first year pharmacy student at PCOM-GA and I would l love to be in the same timezone...
Now I wait....
Good luck to everybody who has an upcoming interview.

I had my interview this morning and it was pretty good. There were good points and times when I know I sounded like an idiot.
The school seems wonderful. It is in a warehouse but they have equipment and facilities that rival large allopathic schools and the professors know the students.
I really hope I get in, my fiancè is a first year pharmacy student at PCOM-GA and I would l love to be in the same timezone...
Now I wait....

I was a little nervous too because it was my first choice and all turned out okay. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you...the fiancé thing must be very stressful. Good luck!

Hello,

I was wondering if the class is full for this cycle. Are they still calling for interiews.

Hey all,

Interviewed on February 7th and still no word. Anyone else who interviewed on that day heard anything? PCOM is my #1 so this wait is absolutely killing me! They sure are slow compared to other schools I have interviewed at.

I know the committee met yesterday, so a new batch of decisions should be out by next week

I emailed Trena - she responded today and said that they are working on letters today and that they will be mailed out tomorrow. GL everyone!

Great to know. Thanks. Good luck to everyone waiting

Hi SDN Friends,

For those of you that interviewed, how large were your interview cohorts. Mine was very small, and I was just curious if that's the norm here! Looking forward to checking my mailbox!

Hi SDN Friends,

For those of you that interviewed, how large were your interview cohorts. Mine was very small, and I was just curious if that's the norm here! Looking forward to checking my mailbox!

I only had 2 other people in an afternoon interview session. Total of 3 in the afternoon.

Hi SDN Friends,

Mine was just me and one other guy!

Sounds like this is the norm. I had only been on one other interview that had like 12 people in the cohort so I was just curious. The wait is killing me...it's got to be the hardest part of this process. Thanks you guys for responding!

Your answers also make me think that they accept a decent number of people interviewed. I'm encouraged.

Now I wait....

Yay!!! I got an interview for March 26th.....eh....but that's very late, I want to try to schedule an earlier date if possible. I can't wait to head back to GA, woo hoo!

:luck:

Hey! Is anybody who is suppose interview March 5th considering opting out of the interview?

Let me know fellow SDNers! =)

Yay!!! I got an interview for March 26th.....eh....but that's very late, I want to try to schedule an earlier date if possible. I can't wait to head back to GA, woo hoo!

:luck:

If you don't mind me asking, when did you receive the II?

Hi SDN Friends,

Mine was just me and two other guys. I could be wrong, but I think they hold a morning and afternoon session on interview days, so there might be 6-8 in reality?

Still waiting on my letter from interview on the 7th. You should see me sprinting to the mailbox each day... ;)

Tell me about it...I have another deposit due but I'm VERY interested in this program...I wish the decisions came through email so I could know already (though I appreciate supporting the USPS). I go to the mailbox, and when it's empty my sad puppy face happens.

I was in the same situation. I had to just go ahead and shell out the $1000+ on the other deposit as insurance. It's some legal requirement that they have to snail mail it, but some other places at which I have been accepted had the Dean call me personally as soon as decisions were rendered, which was a nice touch.

I was thinking to myself that I would have gladly paid them anything to have it overnighted lol!

That's good to know! I didn't realize the legal ramifications. Totally agree with the overnight comment :)

So, when is it recommended to take the time to start searching for an apartment over there for the upcoming year?

I didn't realize that apartments were available for rent so early, is this just due to students leaving? Is there a site you're using? In most markets it's a month ahead of time...thanks for the scoop.

Most of the individual apartment websites show what is open now, so far the latest I have seen is becoming ready to move into in May. I'm thinking April there will actually be some opening for when we will want to move.

I wouldn't sign anything just yet. Better deals will come about in the next couple months. A few places will also run specials for students in a couple months.

I didn't realize that apartments were available for rent so early, is this just due to students leaving? Is there a site you're using? In most markets it's a month ahead of time...thanks for the scoop.

If you join the FB group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/135910533181629/) there is a lot of talk going on right now. I made it private, so you'll just have to ask to join and me or another admin will accept you. I'm buying a house down there so I can't really contribute much to the apt conversations (I haven't done research on it), but one guy was nice enough to call around to the main apartments/townhouse communities near the school and give the 411 on them.

Also, in April there is the Welcome Brunch (you should receive an e-mail about it via your PCOM account). I believe there will be representatives there for apartment complexes in the area who will be offering discounts to PCOM students. Good luck!

Anyone here for a march 13th interview? Extremely excited, but don't know what to expect. Any input accepted people?!

Accepted! Interviewed on February 7th and received the letter yesterday. I'll see all you fellow acceptees in the Fall!

For those still interviewing, I'll echo what others have said. Extremely laid back, no trick questions, and a professor and an admissions committee member. Don't sweat it.

My stats are 3.41sGPA, 3.50cGPA from Emory University. MCAT was a 30S with 12V 9PS and 9BS. Good luck!

Accepted! Interviewed on February 7th and received the letter yesterday. I'll see all you fellow acceptees in the Fall!

For those still interviewing, I'll echo what others have said. Extremely laid back, no trick questions, and a professor and an admissions committee member. Don't sweat it.

My stats are 3.41sGPA, 3.50cGPA from Emory University. MCAT was a 30S with 12V 9PS and 9BS. Good luck!

Congrats! That was quite a wait, but well worth it! :laugh:

Does anyone know how many seats have been filled for the 2016 class?? I have an interview scheduled and I wanted to know what are my chances of getting accepted!

Hey guys don't worry about housing at this point. I have lived in Atlanta for a very long time now and every time I needed to switch apartments I only looked 1-2 months in advance and in some cases only a week or two. You can always find something very easily in this town.

I just an interview also. March 27th afternoon when is your interview? Very excited as I would love to go to PCOM!!!

My letter says the committee has decided to delay a decision on my application. Does anyone know how exactly delayed decisions work? What are my chances of getting in at this point? My AACOMAS GPA is > 3.5 and MCAT > 30.

I got the same response. I have no idea how it works. I'm assuming they will make a decision the next time the committee meets.

The delayed decision, is it before or after interview. Every time I call they say under review for last 2 months. Are there any interview invites anymore?

Does anyone know the exact matriculation date at PCOM-GA (based on last year's)?