PCOM-GA interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterPIG

Pan con timba
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what to expect at this interview? I will be there Oct. 30, after the FL-GA game in JAX :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
I interview at PCOM-GA on Saturday. I will try and remeber to post afterwards for you or you can PM me.
Did you also apply to the philly campus? I am wondering if it is possible to interview at both.

Marcia

Hi there,
I interview at PCOM-GA on Saturday. I will try and remeber to post afterwards for you or you can PM me.
Did you also apply to the philly campus? I am wondering if it is possible to interview at both.

Marcia
Hey, I am interviewing at PCOM-GA on Saturday too! But I originally applied to both. I asked Aisha how that worked (esp since Im from the South) I wondered if PCOM-Philly would even bother with me. i.e. if I was competitive for PCOM-GA, then PCOM-GA would take me. But if Im not, then why would PCOM-Philly want me. She said it is possible to interview at both but you will most likely be considered most heavily for the one that is regional for you, if that happens to be the case. However, if you're say from CA, then neither would be regional/local and I think you'd have an equal shot at both.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there.
That is interesting. I moved to Philly, so certainly it would make more sense for me to go to PCOM-philly, but at this point I am just hoping that someone takes me. :)

When I called and talked with the ADCOM they said that both campuses have seperate admissions committees...so it would be nice if I could interview locally.

I will PM you to discuss the saturday interview. It would be nice to "know" someone when I got there.

Anyone else attending an interview on this date?

Can anyone tell me what to expect at this interview? I will be there Oct. 30, after the FL-GA game in JAX :D

Soo, Marciah and I just got back from out GA-PCOM interviews. I can't speak for her, but I'll give you some brief advice. First of all, you'll want to check out the interview feedback on the main SDN page. You can select feedback from specific schools and read all about several people's experiences. Next, I really won't stress too much about it. They are a new school and are still working to get their act together. They should be more worried about trying to impress you than you are them. Prepare some mock interview questions and answers ahead of time; research something about healthcare/medicine in the news (briefly!); and be confident. You may or may not get fed depending on what kind of day they're having (regardless of what the email actually said; i.e. No food for me) And it's actually pretty tiny. Only one building makes up the entire "campus." It is all wireless; so that's positive. But keep your eyes and ears alert to what they are actually saying and showing you. Evaluate the school for what it CAN and CANT do for you and make your own decisions.

I know this is vague. I don't want to color your perspective too much before you even get there. Good luck though.