Pcom Lor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fadedrebel

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok PCOM, in their App and website states that I need a letter from my premed committe (my college doesn't have one) or a letter from the Dean (probably hard to get and pretty worthless since I never met the guy). unlike most schools they do not mention anything about substituting it with 3 letters from professors... i was wondering if anyone knows if i can just submit 3 professor LORs in lieu of the dean/committee letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I would just send them what you have and not worry about it.

I have a packet of letters which contain 8 letters of rec. I was first worried about it. But the university advisor said this is how she sends it out for everyone and there have never been any problems.

And so far, not one school has had a problem with my LOR's.

Originally posted by fadedrebel
Ok PCOM, in their App and website states that I need a letter from my premed committe (my college doesn't have one) or a letter from the Dean (probably hard to get and pretty worthless since I never met the guy). unlike most schools they do not mention anything about substituting it with 3 letters from professors... i was wondering if anyone knows if i can just submit 3 professor LORs in lieu of the dean/committee letter?

I submitted three LOR from my professors, since I tranferred schools and did not qualify for a committee letter. PCOM sent me a letter saying that it needed one or a letter from my dean stating stating why I didn't qualify and that I was a student in good standing. I even confirmed this requirement with the admissions office.

So I chased down a dean - took me three weeks to get her to write one for me - she didn't know me from a hole in the wall. She finally sent it, and that's the last I've heard from PCOM.

However, another SDNer had absolutely no problem with 3 separate LOR and no committee letter ... Go figure. :confused:

- Tae

I had my advisor send out my lors to them, and because it came from the advisor, they accepted them. If you can have your advisor send them, I would suggest that. If not, it never hurts to call and explain your situation and ask their advice.....