doapplicant1123

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a list of a recent resident match list for PCOM. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know! Thanks!

newyorkcougar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
multi-headed microscope room
Status
Medical Student
While I was at my interview I asked for a copy of it. They initally responded that no such list existed, but when I really pushed the issue, one surfaced. I got the match list from last year. Very helpful. You should call and really insist that you get one--but expect them to act like they have NO idea what you are talking about.

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
UIowa <- UNM <- MSU <- SoCal
www.msu.edu
Status
Attending Physician
Yeah, actually they acted like there wasn't a list of rotation sites...although I happened to miss it online, it was strange no one seemed to have the list until I went to the director of clinical education.

annh31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
Status
newyorkcougar said:
While I was at my interview I asked for a copy of it. They initally responded that no such list existed, but when I really pushed the issue, one surfaced. I got the match list from last year. Very helpful. You should call and really insist that you get one--but expect them to act like they have NO idea what you are talking about.

so how is it? how did people match? any really competitive residencies?

sidenote: anyone know where their clinical rotations are?? my impression was that there were lots of options.

thanks!

group_theory

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!'
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Rotation sites? It's no secret, it's on the website
http://www.pcom.edu/Clinical_Education/Affiliate_Lists_/affiliate_lists_.html

Match list can be found in the yearbook.
Also, PCOM has one of the highest rate of participation in the AOA match compare to other schools.

But overall, you get a nice mixture, including Ortho, Anesthesiology, Neurology, Radiology, etc

ACGME places include Temple(3), Jefferson (10), Penn (2), NYU, UNC (2), Penn State/Hershey (3), Christiana (8), Baylor, Hopkins, etc

newyorkcougar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
multi-headed microscope room
Status
Medical Student
I am not going to retype all the details of the list, but here are the composite numbers from the 2004 PCOM match list:

Anethesiology:9
Emergency:15
Family Practice:32
General Surgery:8
Internal Medicine:22
Neurology:1
Neurosugery:1
OBGYN:9
Orthopedic Surg:6
Pathology:1
Peds:16
Physical Med and Rehab:12
Psychiatry:5
Radiology:3
Traditional Rotating:85
Unreported:13

The list includes both ACGME (MD) and AOA (DO) programs. As you can see, a lot of people went into traditional rather than categorical...not sure how I feel about that. But in general the list is very impressive, and PCOM is known for having exceptional match rates. Hope this helps!