PCOM rotation sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKuroneko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was hoping to get a few ideas on what were some good sites to rotate at, especially from more current PCOM'ers. I'm personally looking at great Omm/selective physician, cardio IM selectives and MICU sites. Feel free to share the knowledge about other great rotations though! I'm sure other current 2nd years are curious too :D

Members don't see this ad.

do not do pediatrics at city line peds.

otherwise...make sure you get a couple rotations up in the lehigh valley. people are always surprised by how huge lehigh valley hospital is. it's a big city hospital in a smaller area so the atmosphere is a lot friendlier. i did neuro. there as an im selective and it was a great time.

Members don't see this ad :)
the old evaluations of city line (that hospitals2006 file on the sga group site) were more in line with what i experienced. little if any teaching and i felt like i was in their way all month. i've never had anything like that and i'm almost through third year.

i told dr. dominy and she said you either love it there or hate it...and it depends on your relationship with the preceptors. i got along with dr. brodzik...but the other two didn't want to have anything to do with me. i didn't do anything tragic or especially stupid so maybe they didn't like my hair (simple, short military cut).

do not do pediatrics at city line peds.

otherwise...make sure you get a couple rotations up in the lehigh valley. people are always surprised by how huge lehigh valley hospital is. it's a big city hospital in a smaller area so the atmosphere is a lot friendlier. i did neuro. there as an im selective and it was a great time.

Did you end up rotating at Geisinger, too?
A good friend of mine at PCOM just matched IM at Lehigh, and she's super excited; it was her #1 choice.

funny. thats where i was looking to go (granted i have time). I'm curious why she didnt do acgme for that though as the ogme shafts you into 4yr IM at lehigh whereas acgme is 3 (as far as I know)

funny. thats where i was looking to go (granted i have time). I'm curious why she didnt do acgme for that though as the ogme shafts you into 4yr IM at lehigh whereas acgme is 3 (as far as I know)

its three years up there