You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Thread Entering 2012
Started by mitsubishi1m
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
it shouldnt be, it's a really good school. If it wasnt so expensive for me, I would have gone down here; that and it was more easier for transport up here in nyc...
I'll be applying here as well, and I would love to go to this school. I received a confirmation email saying they'll send a supplemental application at the end of this month.
nycrxdream: Since you've gone through the application process, would you mind letting us know if there are any major essay questions on the supplemental that we could get started on? Thanks!
nycrxdream: Since you've gone through the application process, would you mind letting us know if there are any major essay questions on the supplemental that we could get started on? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received the supplemental application? 😕
Nope, still waiting. Their e-mail made it seem like not till September 1st
Ok, now I'm seriously getting upset. I have the supplemental apps for all of my schools I'm applying to except for this one. I was under the impression it was September 1st but if I don't get it soon I may have to eliminate this school off of my list of choices. I have already received an interview invitation elsewhere and can't afford to flop deposits around lol.
Just got the supplemental application about 20 minutes ago! You guys should be getting them as well 🙂
Never responded but I've also had the supplemental for a while now! I'm excited but I'm also confused about which school I want to attend. If I get into other schools with reputable names and full accred. I'm going to probably have to turn this school down.
just wondering their first class is the class of 2014 so basically the school won't get full accreditation until 2014 right?
Also, on pharmcas add school page, is this correct school:
" Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy - Georgia Campus" ?
I'm getting confused w/the Georgia and Pennsylvania lol
Also, on pharmcas add school page, is this correct school:
" Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy - Georgia Campus" ?
I'm getting confused w/the Georgia and Pennsylvania lol
Last edited:
just wondering their first class is the class of 2014 so basically the school won't get full accreditation until 2014 right?
Also, on pharmcas add school page, is this correct school:
" Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy - Georgia Campus" ?
I'm getting confused w/the Georgia and Pennsylvania lol
yeah the pharm school is in georgia
I was quite shocked yesterday morning to see a voice-mail from PCOM, already telling me that I should finish my supplemental application. Most schools don't personally call over that! Kind of impressed me that they'd go through all that trouble, most schools just have an automated email reminder. How is everyone doing with getting ready for the first batch of interviews everywhere?
I was quite shocked yesterday morning to see a voice-mail from PCOM, already telling me that I should finish my supplemental application. Most schools don't personally call over that! Kind of impressed me that they'd go through all that trouble, most schools just have an automated email reminder. How is everyone doing with getting ready for the first batch of interviews everywhere?
I got the same call! Half of me thinks they just want our $50 deposit.
I havent turned it in yet but I think I will soon even though I have a few interviews lined up. Just wanna have options.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the same call! Half of me thinks they just want our $50 deposit.
I havent turned it in yet but I think I will soon even though I have a few interviews lined up. Just wanna have options.
LOL I thought the same thing but didn't want to bash! haha, and yeah this is my safety school as I stated before and so far I've landed interviews with every program I've applied so odds are on our side!
Yay! I have an interview set for November 3, also have one with Mercer the next day and another at south university the next Friday, lol. Busy couple weeks
Pcat 67
GPA. 3.2
Pcat 67
GPA. 3.2
When did you send in your supplemental application and when did they give you the interview? I sent mine in oct 17th and still haven't heard back from them. With 8 years experience, an 80 PCAT, and a 3.3gpa I can't figure out why they wouldn't give me an interview 😕
I sent in my supplemental about 2 weeks (maybe week and a half) ago before i got the interview email, make sure to check your junk mail too just in case, that's where mine was.When did you send in your supplemental application and when did they give you the interview? I sent mine in oct 17th and still haven't heard back from them. With 8 years experience, an 80 PCAT, and a 3.3gpa I can't figure out why they wouldn't give me an interview 😕
Just interviewed today. Good luck to those of you interviewing in the near future!
Cumulative GPA: 2.7
PCAT: 64 (before my September 2011 one was sent in)
Sent in supplemental late September; received notification on October 20
P.S. who else from here was in my interview group today?
Cumulative GPA: 2.7
PCAT: 64 (before my September 2011 one was sent in)
Sent in supplemental late September; received notification on October 20
P.S. who else from here was in my interview group today?
Last edited:
Just interviewed today. Good luck to those of you interviewing in the near future!
Cumulative GPA: 2.7
PCAT: 64 (before my September 2011 one was sent in)
Sent in supplemental late September; received notification on October 20
P.S. who else from here was in my interview group today?
I was! The interview went really well.
i would like to clarify the whole accreditation thing. Currently GA-PCOM School of Pharmacy is at Candidate Status (highest level of accred a school with NO graduated class can earn). But with this status, it also guarantees first four classes to sit for boards.
(Per PharmCas)
Candidate: A new program that has students enrolled but has not had a graduating class may be granted candidate status. The granting of candidate status denotes a developmental program, which has taken into account ACPE accreditation standards and is expected to mature in accord with stated plans within a defined time period. Reasonable assurances exist that the program will become accredited as programmatic experience is gained, generally, by the time the first class has been graduated. Graduates of a class designated as having candidate status have the same rights and privileges as graduates of a program that has accreditation status.
(Per PharmCas)
Candidate: A new program that has students enrolled but has not had a graduating class may be granted candidate status. The granting of candidate status denotes a developmental program, which has taken into account ACPE accreditation standards and is expected to mature in accord with stated plans within a defined time period. Reasonable assurances exist that the program will become accredited as programmatic experience is gained, generally, by the time the first class has been graduated. Graduates of a class designated as having candidate status have the same rights and privileges as graduates of a program that has accreditation status.
I interviewed on Nov. 10th. The interview was really relaxed and quite simple. It started with a tour, then the interview and a essay. I was the only person to interview so other candidates need to start applying! This school reviews applications on a rolling admission basis. AKA First to apply, first ones to have a chance to get in.
I interviewed on Nov. 10th. The interview was really relaxed and quite simple. It started with a tour, then the interview and a essay. I was the only person to interview so other candidates need to start applying! This school reviews applications on a rolling admission basis. AKA First to apply, first ones to have a chance to get in.
thanks for sharing your interview experience 🙂 !
do u mind sharing your stats please?
I was thinking about applying here but my first pcat was super super low :/
New to the forum, thinking of applying to this school in the coming weeks. Finalizing all my applications/letters of recommendations as we speak. Would love to hear from people who have applied/are applying here. I'm a Florida resident so I will be applying to a couple schools in state as well.
Have you received an acceptance letter yet FSUNoles?
Ya I did today but I giving up my seat
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had my interview on November 3, and got my acceptance email today! Sooooo excited!
Had my interview on November 3, and got my acceptance email today! Sooooo excited!
Will you be attending PCOM?
I also got Accepted to PCOM and another school that is a 3 year accelerated program. Tough decisions I have to make!!!
I'll be going to the December 7th interview. any tips from those who have gone through the interview process?
To those that interviewed already, what impressed you about the school? I received my interview invitation today but I'm not sure if I'm going to accept it because I've interviewed at a couple different schools already.
What impressed me is how the class schedule is set up. It is a trimester based program. So you are not craming in a ton of difficult classes at once. You are learning instead of memorizing and forgeting. The area the school is in is beautiful and crime free (GO BRAVES!!!). The school is all graduate students concentrating on school so you dont have to deal with undergraduate students that dont care about anything except drinking anymore. But it all depends on what you are looking for, not us! This is the school that fit me the best, so I have canceled all my other applications to other schools.
Wow, that's what I like to hear. I have an interview here on the 22nd. Anyone else on this date??What impressed me is how the class schedule is set up. It is a trimester based program. So you are not craming in a ton of difficult classes at once. You are learning instead of memorizing and forgeting. The area the school is in is beautiful and crime free (GO BRAVES!!!). The school is all graduate students concentrating on school so you dont have to deal with undergraduate students that dont care about anything except drinking anymore. But it all depends on what you are looking for, not us! This is the school that fit me the best, so I have canceled all my other applications to other schools.
Hello, I am interviewing on December 8th. Any good advice from those who interviewed?
Hello,
I also got accepted to PCOM. I will be going there as well. Do you know if anyone that is going there is looking for a roommate? If so, let me know.
I also got accepted to PCOM. I will be going there as well. Do you know if anyone that is going there is looking for a roommate? If so, let me know.
congratulations, when was your interview?Hello,
I also got accepted to PCOM. I will be going there as well. Do you know if anyone that is going there is looking for a roommate? If so, let me know.
Congrats buddy! I will be looking for a place to live, but I was thinking of starting a facebook page to get people together on housing. It will be tough for me because I am currently living pretty far away. Super excited for next August already, golf all year round and little if no snow!Hello,
I also got accepted to PCOM. I will be going there as well. Do you know if anyone that is going there is looking for a roommate? If so, let me know.
Well I received my acceptance from Merced yesterday so it looks like I wil be going there! Also got accepted to south but they didn't really impress me much
Hi Drew,
I found out I got accepted after one week. Yes, it was the tour first then lunch with the student who showed us the tour then either interview first or essay.
I found out I got accepted after one week. Yes, it was the tour first then lunch with the student who showed us the tour then either interview first or essay.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my interview is actually Jan 4th now, anyone else on this date? also, to those who have already interviewed, any advice?
I assume you are coming from Minnesota? Have you checked out the apartments the school has posted on their website? We should be facebook buddies since we are going to be in the same class.
My interview was on November 17th. The interviewers were really nice. The interview process wasn't too long.
My interview was Nov. 10th and I was the only person in my interview group. There is a one hour tour, then 30 minute essay and 30 minute interview. My advice would be to be yourself and dont memorize answers for interview questions. They are looking for genuine answers. Interview questions were pretty basic, who are you, why pcom, why pharmacy, what was your last book you read, worst situation you have been in and what you did. Good luck!my interview is actually Jan 4th now, anyone else on this date? also, to those who have already interviewed, any advice?
I sent you a message with my facebook info and I just checked out their apartments yesterday. They all look to have amazing features.I assume you are coming from Minnesota? Have you checked out the apartments the school has posted on their website? We should be facebook buddies since we are going to be in the same class.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K
!