PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Thread Entering 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My PharmCAS just recently got verified, and im currently at a 2.67 Science GPA. Im doing really well this semester, and am currently finishing up my Biology degree so it should go up a bit. I am taking the PCAT on January 10th. Even if i score a 60-70% do you think i would have a good chance at getting an interview?. Also do any of you have Dr. Collins PCAT study guide for sale? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

my interview is actually Jan 4th now, anyone else on this date? also, to those who have already interviewed, any advice?

Hi,

Congratulations for your interview.

For those who have had their interview or have been scheduled for one, I'll like to kno what was your wait time to hear back from them was after your supp application and fees were received. Mine was received/or put in their system on Nov 15, but I haven't heard anything from them. Thanks in advance for your response.

Hi,

Congratulations for your interview.

For those who have had their interview or have been scheduled for one, I'll like to kno what was your wait time to hear back from them was after your supp application and fees were received. Mine was received/or put in their system on Nov 15, but I haven't heard anything from them. Thanks in advance for your response.

It took about 2 weeks to receive my interview date. After my interview I found out 9 days later I was accepted. You should find out next week sometime would be my guess.
****ALSO for those who are getting acceptance letters and are planning on attending PCOM-GA Pharmacy I started a facebook page. Under the search menu type in: PCOM-GA Pharmacy Class of 2016. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
My PharmCAS just recently got verified, and im currently at a 2.67 Science GPA. Im doing really well this semester, and am currently finishing up my Biology degree so it should go up a bit. I am taking the PCAT on January 10th. Even if i score a 60-70% do you think i would have a good chance at getting an interview?. Also do any of you have Dr. Collins PCAT study guide for sale? Thank you
If you dont get in this year there is always next year. Your scores are low, but there is always a chance. The best advice I can give you is apply early(August or Mid-September at the latest) to schools that you qualify for. Most of these schools will have to be rolling admission. SO whoever applys first has the best chance to receive an interview. If they still have spots avlb. then you will be granted one of those. Best of luck!

I had my interview today, I guess now I will just sit here hitting refresh on my e-mail for the new couple of weeks awaiting there response.

I have my interview on Jan 25th. Anybody interviewing on this day too? Any interview tips from those who have gone through the process? Thanks for your feedback.

I had my interview on November 30th it was laid back not too intense.. dress professionally because one girl in my group was dressed like she was going to the club or something lol don't think thats a good idea. Most importantly just be yourself and be friendly!!! I got my acceptance phone call this past friday..and the letter yesterday!!!!!! I am too excited!! For all those still applying and interviewing i wish u all the best of luck!!!! :):)

Now i need to start apartment hunting. I currently live in cobb county, ga right now so i definitely need to move closer to the school. i am looking for a clean, friendly, non smoker non crazy female roomate lol!! Hit me up on here or email me [email protected] if interested!!!

Congrats!..

Im hoping I get lucky too...Are we all interviewing on separate days? Is anyone else interviewing Jan 12th?

Its nice that they have small groups for the interview. More of a chance to market ourselves, but would be nice to know someone going in.

could you guys share stats if you don't mind. like GPA's PCAT scores??

For accepted PCOM students,
I am looking for a female roommate to share an apartment with. If anyone is interested, please message me. Thanks.

Just go an interview for Feb 15th, anyone else have one this day? Question about the interview, is it a group interview?

its not a group interview. Just 2 professors and you. You get a student lead tour and a 30 min short essay. Really laid back interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Feb. 9th. Anyone else have this date?

Accepted!! I was notified by mail. It was a small mailer. Thick envelope. No email. Took one week after t he interview to get mail to california. Will be accepting. See you in the fall. anyone know the first day of class?

Anyone know if PCOM requires a separate personal essay for their supplemental application? :cool:

You do If I am not mistaken. You will also need to write another essay during the interview. But I can not remember if you need one for your supplemental...

Hi everyone, congratulations on your acceptances! I have 2900 sq ft, 4b/3.5b beautiful hardwood floor house available July 2012 for rent. It is located in Suwanee & is only a 15 min drive (at the most) to GA-PCOM. Master b/b + attached sitting room $550, bed/bath #2 $475, bed 3 & 4 shared bath $400 (each). Please email [email protected] for additional info & pics, thanks!

Hi Angela,
I tried to email you on your gmail but the email got sent back to me. I am interested in your house to rent. Can you please give send me pictures of the house to [email protected]. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I will be attending PCOM this Fall and I am looking for a roommate to share an apartment with. I don't have a preference for a roommate because I have lived with both guys and girls as roommate. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks.

Hey guys and gals , sounds like there is an essay part to the interview! What kind of questions should i be ready for? My interview is Feb 23!

Congrats on those that have been accepted and good luck to those that have yet to interview. I would like turn your attention to the housing forum (students post roommate requests and other housing options here) available on Nucleus (information regarding this will be given in the acceptance package). Its your online resource for billing, email, miscellaneous information.

Accepted!! I was notified by mail. It was a small mailer. Thick envelope. No email. Took one week after t he interview to get mail to california. Will be accepting. See you in the fall. anyone know the first day of class?

First day of class is august 15th I believe. But before that you will have attend several mandatory Orientation the week prior to starting of classes.

Hey guys! I've also applied to PCOM GA. All my materials were received by Dec 15 but I haven't heard back from them yet =[ Do you think this is a bad thing? All of you seemed to have had replies within 2 weeks. I grew up in Suwanee 14 years ago and I wanna go back!! All your feedback is appreciated :)

Hey guys! I've also applied to PCOM GA. All my materials were received by Dec 15 but I haven't heard back from them yet =[ Do you think this is a bad thing? All of you seemed to have had replies within 2 weeks. I grew up in Suwanee 14 years ago and I wanna go back!! All your feedback is appreciated :)

I got the interview invite about a week after the email confirming they have my check for the supp. app.

I was in the same situation. I believe pharmcas sent out my applications around Dec 9-10th. I didn't finish pcom's supplemental until a week later. I emailed them a few weeks back asking about the status of my application they responded by saying it is still under review. To my surprise after I've given up on the school they emailed me approximately 1-2 weeks ago asking for an interview invite. I checked up on their website under the FAQs apparently they have an alternate waiting list of some sort for interview invites; however, they don't disclose if you are on that list or not. Thus their decision is delayed for some people. I assume that I was on that list, maybe you are too.

I have an interview Scheduled for March 14.....i was wondering if anybody is also interviewing on this date or a day before...

I'm also interviewing on the 14th of may. It seems so far away... I asked if they could move me to the 23rd but they said it was full. And they received my application in early January.

Does anyone know how late in the year the interview?

if y'all don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Out of anonymity and the fact I'm already accepted to Belmont :love:, 3.0 overall GPA, prob a 3.4 math/science and an 84 PCAT. No pharmacy experience or research, but lots and lots of extracurricular. Does anyone have pictures of the campus? I will have to send in a deposit for my other school soon and I haven't had the interview for PCOM so can someone tell me about the pros/cons of the campus and curriculum?

I haven't applied yet but I am considering. I had an interview at UGA, so, I can't decide if I should apply or not. Advice?

I haven't applied yet but I am considering. I had an interview at UGA, so, I can't decide if I should apply or not. Advice?

I'd definately say to take a look at PCOM. Ultimately after seeing the campus, favulty, and students this was a sure pick for me. I had 7 interview at other schools and so far got into 3. I chose this school because the facilities are brand new. Theres alot of technology in the school. All classes are recorded and in sync with pwoer points you can access from home. You get to interact with the DO students for the anatomy lab. They have alot of labs setup like pharmacies and hospitals. There was one room where the proctor stands behind a one way glass and watches you as you administer drugs to a dummie thats hooked up with a computer, and the dummie reacts however it would to the drug you chose to administer.The school is one big building open until 1am to study. Theres a security guard and you need to have a badge to get in. For me its more comfortable and I can see myself there and leaving with alot more. You get your intern liscense the 2nd week and you get immunization liscense your first qtr.

To be honest, this school had the things I was looking for. So it really depends what you are looking for. You will be a pharmacist no matter what school you go to and get paid just as much as Me or maybe even more.

Last edited:
I'd definately say to take a look at PCOM. Ultimately after seeing the campus, favulty, and students this was a sure pick for me. I had 7 interview at other schools and so far got into 3. I chose this school because the facilities are brand new. Theres alot of technology in the school. All classes are recorded and in sync with pwoer points you can access from home. You get to interact with the DO students for the anatomy lab. They have alot of labs setup like pharmacies and hospitals. There was one room where the proctor stands behind a one way glass and watches you as you administer drugs to a dummie thats hooked up with a computer, and the dummie reacts however it would to the drug you chose to administer.The school is one big building open until 1am to study. Theres a security guard and you need to have a badge to get in. For me its more comfortable and I can see myself there and leaving with alot more. You get your intern liscense the 2nd week and you get immunization liscense your first qtr.

To be honest, this school had the things I was looking for. So it really depends what you are looking for. You will be a pharmacist no matter what school you go to and get paid just as much as Me or maybe even more.

Well my stats are a 50 PCAT and a 3.6 GPA with no experience. Do I have a chance of getting in?

Well my stats are a 50 PCAT and a 3.6 GPA with no experience. Do I have a chance of getting in?

to be honest, i have no clue. I dont know what their minimum pcat is. Write a good essay and get some experience.

Not to be a pessimist but you can stand to cushion that low PCAT with some extracurriculars or retake if you possibly can. Also, lower stats usually calls for applying earlier in the cycle...

I think you'll have a good chance of scoring interviews. If you do really well on the interviews, that is your last hurdle in getting in to a school. If you don't have many extracurriculars/volunteering or pharmacy experience you'll more than likely get at least put on someone's wait list, unless you can really sell yourself. Wait lists are pulled pretty high. If you think about how many people on wait lists are already accepted to somewhere else they keep pulling on the wait list to fill all of their seats.

How many people are going to be accepted this year?

I remember that 50 composite and 25 for each subsection is the bare minimum for PCOM. I would say that as long as you have >25 on all your subsections, you may have a chance.

Hey guys,

I just got an email stating that they just finished processing my application and it's under review. It took them like 2 weeks just to do that, mostly because I was part of this program at my old school that replaced all my core curriculum with weird classes :rolleyes:. Anyway, I was wondering which GPA they considered for admissions, PharmCas or the one from the supplemental application. Because my PharmCas GPA is really really low, but the supplemental application, if they only used those numbers, it should be around a 3.2. I had to retake a lot of classes because of a lot of personal issues. Anyway, my PCAT was 84, with all the subsections >65. I have almost 3yrs research exp, 6 months pharm exp, and 1yr home health care exp. I'm also part of the honor's college at my old school and had been active in APO, service frat, for 4 yrs. I also already have my bachelor's in Biochemistry.

Chance for an interview? :scared:

Last edited:
it is pretty late in the application cycle, but i had a similar situation with stats and i got an interview but i also had my application processed earlier. Im sure as people back out of interviews they will add others.

Has anyone not been invited for an interview?

submitted by check via express mail today. Already have two other interviews lined up but would be really interested in checking this school out :xf:

submitted by check via express mail today. Already have two other interviews lined up but would be really interested in checking this school out :xf:

Do you have an interview at PCOM? Where else are you interviewing?

Hey guys, just got my invite. Nbd..... Actually, it IS a big deal! Im so excited! Any advice for the interview?:D

I got an interview invite as well!
They emailed me.
Mine's on April 14th.
I am very nervous but I am not sure whether I should go or not.
I currently live in Buffalo so..
For those who went to PCOM, did you guys like it?
If so, what factors?
And any interview tips??