PCOM undergrad committee letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vimal98

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I did my undergrad in India and I did Masters at UConn. I sent committee letter from UConn to every school I applied. Now PCOM wants recommendation letter from my undergrad school and not ready to substitute committee letter from UConn. I mean in India nobody ever think about going to medical school after graduating as a Chemical Engineer. And I am sure my advisor won't be too happy to give me recommendation letter for Medical school. Should I just request admission committee to give me exception from this requirement ? or I should just ask a letter from advisor anyway. I am not sure if that will be good though.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that the best person to answer this question is someone at PCOM. Unless someone here on SDN has had an identical situation I would call PCOM and find out.

I was told that only undergrad can do this.

Members don't see this ad :)
docbill said:
I was told that only undergrad can do this.

Yeah I just called PCOM and the lady I talked told me that I can fax a letter asking to substitute my undergrad committee letter with grad committee letter. She wasn't sure if that will do it though.

What if you don't have an undergrad committee? Can you substitute a letter from a professor. It's really weird, I went to a major university (UCLA) and we didn't have a committee.

drnima said:
What if you don't have an undergrad committee? Can you substitute a letter from a professor. It's really weird, I went to a major university (UCLA) and we didn't have a committee.

Yeah you can substitute a letter from academic advisor. Well my advisor would laugh if I tell him that I am applying for medical schools. I just faxed written statement to PCOM requesting to substitute that requirement with a letter from premed committee at UConn.

See, I don't even have an advisor. I sent them an e-mail today asking them what I should do. I have a bunch of LOR but they're all from professors.

drnima said:
See, I don't even have an advisor. I sent them an e-mail today asking them what I should do. I have a bunch of LOR but they're all from professors.

Better to call them. It would be much faster. Moreover they will tell you to fax or mail a written statement about your situation addressing admission committee, I think.