PCSOM - How long to get secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zach175

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to how long the turnaround time has been from verification/release to receiving the secondary for PCSOM. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was verified before June 1st, and there is still no sign of the PCSOM secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted June 1, verified June 6, released June 11 or so. Still no word from them either. I did contact them to make sure that they have all of my info. Other than that, nothing.

When I applied last cycle I submitted my stuff in January. Verified 2/3 and released 2/6. Got my secondary on 2/7.

They are generally very good with timing. But has anyone checked to see if they have even began looking at their primaries yet? Just because it was released to them doesn't mean they downloaded ur file let alone looked at it. I know for fact that touro-Nevada will not even begin looking at primaries till end of July/beginning of august when the new class starts.

Be patient, call weekly to confirm ur stuff has been received. And remember, when u sent LoRs in the mail, just because it may have gotten to their office doesn't mean they had the chance to put it in ur file yet. So be on top of things, but try to be patient and imagine their workload..that'll help u gauge how fast they're getting ur personal file done.

Good luck..

wow, did you apply to every school? you only got one interview and accepted!?, thats awesome, gotta be the best acceptance u can get. Did you apply late? oh wow, kinda makes me realize how important it is to apply broadly, looks like i'm gonna have to add some schools.

When I applied last cycle I submitted my stuff in January. Verified 2/3 and released 2/6. Got my secondary on 2/7.

They are generally very good with timing. But has anyone checked to see if they have even began looking at their primaries yet? Just because it was released to them doesn't mean they downloaded ur file let alone looked at it. I know for fact that touro-Nevada will not even begin looking at primaries till end of July/beginning of august when the new class starts.

Be patient, call weekly to confirm ur stuff has been received. And remember, when u sent LoRs in the mail, just because it may have gotten to their office doesn't mean they had the chance to put it in ur file yet. So be on top of things, but try to be patient and imagine their workload..that'll help u gauge how fast they're getting ur personal file done.

Good luck..

wow, did you apply to every school? you only got one interview and accepted!?, thats awesome, gotta be the best acceptance u can get. Did you apply late? oh wow, kinda makes me realize how important it is to apply broadly, looks like i'm gonna have to add some schools.

Like I said, I submitted my stuff at the end of January. About a week b4 the aacomas deadline for most schools so I was forced to apply that broadly. Also, I didn't have much time to research the schools before deciding where to apply so I just applied to all the 25 schools that weren't past the deadline and did my research after. I had my heart set on wvsom, pcsom, and lmu-dcom since they have to lowest average mcat and gpa. My stats are pretty low (23 mcat and 3.2 cum and sci gpa).

Funny, Touro was the last school on my list when I ranked them in order of which ones I have a chance of getting into.

It's a long, stressful, and painful process..but at some point it gets better.

Good luck

I interviewed there last year, and I did not receive their secondary until early September. I believe they didn't even start interviewing until October. They probably have not started the review process yet so hang tight. They are very friendly but sometimes could be a little difficult to get in touch.