PD letter vs APD letter for cardiology fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxillaryCa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for cardiology fellowship with 1 PD letter (fellowship director), 1 cardiology LOR, and 1 APD (internal medicine). I spoke to our program director and he said he will submit his letters 2 days prior to the July 20th deadline. Given how long it has taken the LORs to be uploaded, should I still submit my application with the original three letters and add in my PD letter later on? or should i delay submitting my entire application?

Members don't see this ad.

Dont delay. Thats the worst thing you can do.
You can add it later.
Why cant he upload the letter earlier?

Dont delay. Thats the worst thing you can do.
You can add it later.
Why cant he upload the letter earlier?
I could get into details but it might point out the program. He decided to take a vacation during the application process lol. But I think he believes the ERAS uploading process is like the previous years which was much quicker. Given that it’s going to take 5 days to upload on our end, wouldn’t it be a bigger red flag to not have a PD letter?

Submit. Programs will update your file as LORs roll in and might not even review apps for a little while. I got interviews without all LORs submitted.