PDA or Paper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitney2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you organize and manage your time? Do you use a daily planner or PDA?

Members don't see this ad.

Neither. Just make things a habit.

Wake Up
Go to School
Go to hookah bar and study for 5-9 hours/day depending on if I have lab that day.
Go home
Sleep

Restart cycle.

I swear, my lungs are going to be trashed by the time I'm done with pharmacy school.

Use a PDA. You have so many more options. But be sure you back it up along with rest of your computer data.

Members don't see this ad :)
I kinda use both. I mainly use paper to make a list of assignments that are due, things I need to work on, etc, and organize those by date. I sync my blackberry with google calender so I can keep track of events coming up like if I'm going out of town, people's b-days, whatever.

PDA, it beeps to remind me when i have exams, assignments, projects, Its all color coded so I can look at a month and see whats going on when. It also can repeat events, so if you work a regular schedule or u have a bill due, the same day of every month, you can set the calender to that. Plus you always have it in the pocket.

You can't just remember your schedule anymore, theres too much to remember besides that.

color coded calendar on PDA with micromedex running on it as well, woohoo.

sync to google cal so i can access it on laptop

Right now I use a paper planner to keep track of tests and when things are due. I typically make to-do lists either on post-its or, as of late, on iGoogle. When I have to get a PDA later in school I'll probably just use that since having automatic reminders would be nice!

iphone reliable enough?

yup - sync with google cal - never look back. I suppose you could sync it with outlooks cal also, but what would be the point???

Also - Nothing beats a handheld Micromedex in my opinion (as far as handheld information goes) - but the LexiComp complete suite I have gives it a run for its money.

Lexi complete as a LOT of drug info - I am really loving the Infectious Disease section right now. Search by Infection / bug or search by drug - both give you great ways of approaching information.

For the crowd always looking for better consultation points (more specific to each drug) AHFS essentials is pretty good (although it does seem to be lacking some common knowledge stuff).

All in all - If you need a phone anyways - getting a WinMo phone that can run micromedex or an iPhone where you are willing to pay out for Lexi is a MUST.

~above~

Last edited: