PDR and CRC . . . can I please chuck 'em?

Started by 87138
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

8

87138

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a 2006 PDR and a CRC Handbook of Chem and Physics that people have just given me for no reason . . . I'm starting med school this August, is there any reason whatsoever for me to keep these two books, or can I chuck them? I'd really like to get them out of my room and into the garbage if I don't ever need them.
 
So I have a 2006 PDR and a CRC Handbook of Chem and Physics that people have just given me for no reason . . . I'm starting med school this August, is there any reason whatsoever for me to keep these two books, or can I chuck them? I'd really like to get them out of my room and into the garbage if I don't ever need them.

Not so fast there, young grasshopper, you'd be surprised at how much you'll use them during the course of med school . . .








Seriously, I've used books like these to hold up a broken side of a couch that I study on or as book ends on the shelf for my review books.
 
Plus the PDR makes you look official. And is always good for some bicep curls.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The PDR will also be great for flattening out any soft cover books you accidentally put creases in.

Chem and Physics book? Time to sell that baby back for some after exam drink money!
 
The PDR will also be great for flattening out any soft cover books you accidentally put creases in.

Chem and Physics book? Time to sell that baby back for some after exam drink money!


Ha, I never even bought the CRC, someone at work just handed it to me. It's as big as the PDR. I do recall having to use it once (the lab TA's copy) in orgo lab. That's it.

It's a previous edition so it doesn't even go for too much on Half.com. I'll probably just throw them out.