1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Pearson PCAT review

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by khaytah, Aug 18, 2015.

1. khaytah

Pre-Pharmacy
    New to the site, so if I posted in the wrong section, I apologize.

Hello, I recently began my pursuit of beating the PCAT. I have scavenged the forums for a quite a bit and am still in need of some assistance. Now I know this has been asked multiple times, but I haven't found any information regarding the new editions.
    I know everybody here has given high praise for the Dr. Collins review, but I was thinking of something more affordable. So, should I get the 2015-16 Kaplan (this is like $35 on amazon) or the Pearson Review? And btw, where do I buy the Pearson PCAT review/guide?

Thoughts or comments?

Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 3ternal5oul

Pre-Medical, Pre-Pharmacy
    If you're serious about pharmacy school, disregard the price of the study material and consider it an investment. Don't think, "Kaplan... or 3 practice exams from Pearson." Either get both (which is extremely cheap combined) or take an actual prep course. Think of it this way: if you don't do well your first time around because you studied cheap, mediocre material then you'll most likely end up taking it again and paying even more in the long run with the cost of the exam and better study material.

I'll tell you that Kaplan feeds you more material than you need for the PCAT. I studied off Dr. Collins (despite the disappointing slew of errors and typos) for approximately a month alongside work and somehow managed to make a 96 composite. Wasn't expecting that since I didn't study as long as the others have, but I'm not complaining!

Good luck and don't think about money when it comes to your future. I wish you all the best!

4. OSUbuckys

Pharmacy Student
    From my experience, Pearsons prep is very vague