Pediatric dentist loupes

Started by goforit!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goforit!

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a D1 student hoping to specialize in pedo. We are having a loupes fair this week and have a few questions:
What magnification would you recommend for pedo?
Also, would you recommend the Lumadent ergoprism loupes for pedo?
I heard that the peripheral vision is very limited with these ergoprism.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a practicing pediatric dentist and use 2.5x Design for Vision loupes. Sometimes use my light during GA cases for better visibility.
 
I found 2.5-3X to be the sweet spot for me. I have been with Designs for Visions since day one. No issues aside from normal wear and tear over the years. I experimented with 3.5X but found it too narrow for me.

-E