Pediatric Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiMcatAcer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sort of confused on the Pediatric Neurology tract. I know that one can pursue the Pediatric residency and then apply for Neurology, but are there programs which let you directly apply to an integrate 5 year Pediatric Neurology programs? Do you still apply via ERAS or how does it work? I would really appreciate if someone can explain this. Also, where is the field moving in general, and is it an upcoming area? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sort of confused on the Pediatric Neurology tract. I know that one can pursue the Pediatric residency and then apply for Neurology, but are there programs which let you directly apply to an integrate 5 year Pediatric Neurology programs? Do you still apply via ERAS or how does it work? I would really appreciate if someone can explain this. Also, where is the field moving in general, and is it an upcoming area? Thanks!
Some are integrated five year programs, some are advanced positions that require you to find PGY1 and 2 training on your own via NRMP or otherwise. Some departments offer both options. Both advanced and integrated programs use the San Francisco Match (early match.)

The prerequisites can be fulfilled with two years of pediatrics, one year of medicine and one year of pediatrics, or one year of basic neuroscience training and one year of pediatrics.