Peds Residencies as a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoctoraubs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to find information on my chances of getting into some of the more competitive peds residency programs as a DO. Specifically, I’m interested in programs in the DC area, particularly Children’s National. I’m an OMS-III and hoping to get a jump on audition rotation scheduling.

My app in a nutshell: B student, average Step 1/Level 1, did NOT honor my peds rotation, I’m nearly finished with a dual-degree MPH, have a couple research presentations/1 publication, interested in policy/advocacy and global health

My husband is also a student on an HPSP scholarship shooting to match at Walter Reed. I’ve heard they have a little sway in regards to matching couples near each other, but most of my info on that is hearsay.

Any thoughts? Advice proceeding forward?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to find information on my chances of getting into some of the more competitive peds residency programs as a DO. Specifically, I’m interested in programs in the DC area, particularly Children’s National. I’m an OMS-III and hoping to get a jump on audition rotation scheduling.

My app in a nutshell: B student, average Step 1/Level 1, did NOT honor my peds rotation, I’m nearly finished with a dual-degree MPH, have a couple research presentations/1 publication, interested in policy/advocacy and global health

My husband is also a student on an HPSP scholarship shooting to match at Walter Reed. I’ve heard they have a little sway in regards to matching couples near each other, but most of my info on that is hearsay.

Any thoughts? Advice proceeding forward?

Thank you!
Apply and see what happens. It will help if your MPH is completed before you apply.