PEI/AVC or Glasgow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peanut-

Reaction score
I'm torn choosing between these schools! I am a California resident and believe that PEI would be cheaper to go to. The major difference is that PEI is 4 years and Glasgow is 5 years, but I am more drawn to Glasgow's city-living rather than PEI's small city feel. I know I'll get a good education at either school and I should just choose the cheapest, but what other factors should I consider? My heart says Glasgow because of its reputation, it's a large city, I've always wanted to live in the UK, and I'm drawn to the extramural studies aspect that allows me to travel for experience. My head says PEI because it's cheaper, "closer" to home (as in there won't be a large culture shock and it's cheaper to visit home) but that's really all. Any advice helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Another thing to consider financially is that even if the total cost is the exact same, time itself is a cost. One more year in school is one more year you’re not earning a professional salary.

Reactions: 2 users
In Glasgow most of your class would probably be “college” age since they do not receive a BA/BS prior to pursuing veterinary medicine. Thus, that can be a factor in your decision.