PEM fellowship 2022!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BurgerWithEggs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's a bit early, but since the applications just opened up, I figured I'd post this.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I applied last year and didn't match. What a brutal cycle that was. I'm hoping that with one more year of experience and some other stuff under my belt, it'll turn out better.

I know that all interviews will be virtual again which is a bummer, but what can we do.

In any case, good luck to you all, and let's keep each other posted once interviews start to roll in next month!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else nervous about not having letters of recommendation in time? None of mine are in yet and i’m afraid that my application will be disregarded if the letters don’t come until the week after programs can start viewing our applications :/

Anyone else nervous about not having letters of recommendation in time? None of mine are in yet and i’m afraid that my application will be disregarded if the letters don’t come until the week after programs can start viewing our applications :/
I think you should be okay, but try to get your letter writers to submit in the next week or so. It takes about 3-5 days for the letters to be processed once they're uploaded, so if your writers submit in the next few days, they should be processed well before the 21st.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea when we will start hearing from programs? The waiting is killing me :oops:🙈

Anyone have any idea when we will start hearing from programs? The waiting is killing me :oops:🙈
Based on threads from previous years it looks like most programs start offering ~2-3 weeks after applications are received. For what it's worth I have also heard nothing.

MD in the south here. Anyone have any communication at all?

All I've gotten is a message from UT Austin saying they'll be sending out invites in a few weeks. I expect that by next week programs will start sending invites.

Was Baylor an actual interview invite? Or just the invite to the diversity webinar everyone got?
Interview invitation. Per last year’s thread, I’m fairly certain that most places send them out in at least two waves though.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those with interviews, what are the dates they are offering? If you don’t mind me asking. Still haven’t heard anything either so just curious.
Earliest I’ve seen is end of August. Mine are scheduled for early September so far.

1) University of New Mexico 7/26
2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29

2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
Hey guys. For those of you with the Hopkins interviews, did they confirm your date yet? I also got Hopkins, but i’m waiting for a date to be assigned to me. And for Wake Forest, how did you all apply to it? ERAS tells me that there are no programs in North Carolina

Still nothing yet. I wish there was some way to know how strong/weak my application is (I don’t have a home PEM program)

Hey guys. For those of you with the Hopkins interviews, did they confirm your date yet? I also got Hopkins, but i’m waiting for a date to be assigned to me. And for Wake Forest, how did you all apply to it? ERAS tells me that there are no programs in North Carolina
Did you search through both PEM Pediatrics and PEM emergency medicine? They are under two different filters.

I still haven't heard anything to confirm date. Was going to send another email early this week if I still haven't seen/heard anything.

I got a confirmation of my date today for Hopkins

Nearly 2 weeks and silence. Patience is an understatement

Reactions: 3 users
Spoke with a PD today who said that the crazy volume right now (it's bizarre, literally like Winter in the summer where I am w/surging lists) and the number of apps most places probably haven't had time to work through most applications.

Was told we should start to hear more in the next 2 weeks or so!
Thanks for the insight! This makes me feel a lot better about the total silence so far.

2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
5) UT Dell 8/3

Anyone have any idea of how many applicants there are this year? I know it was a blood bath last cycle but I haven’t heard anything about whether programs were getting more or fewer applications this year

Anyone have any idea of how many applicants there are this year? I know it was a blood bath last cycle but I haven’t heard anything about whether programs were getting more or fewer applications this year
I don't know numbers but I assume it's going to be pretty similar to last year. With applications still being virtual, I feel like a ton of people will be applying. I personally still haven't received any invites or rejections, just one email from one program saying they'll be reviewing applications and sending out emails a few weeks later. Would've loved the UT Dell interview tho :1whistle:

I don't know numbers but I assume it's going to be pretty similar to last year. With applications still being virtual, I feel like a ton of people will be applying. I personally still haven't received any invites or rejections, just one email from one program saying they'll be reviewing applications and sending out emails a few weeks later. Would've loved the UT Dell interview tho :1whistle:
Looking at last year’s forum, UT Austin sent out 3 batches of invites last year, so here’s hoping we both get invites on the next batch 🤞

Any other nonUS IMGs out there? Each day makes me feel more hopeless even though I know it’s super early in the season.

Guys guys guys! Don’t worry please! Just ran into my APD in the ED and she said she hasn’t even gotten to start reading applications yet. Second person today who told me no need for concern at all today. Have a bourbon 🥃 and watch the olympics. We will be great.

Guys guys guys! Don’t worry please! Just ran into my APD in the ED and she said she hasn’t even gotten to start reading applications yet. Second person today who told me no need for concern at all today. Have a bourbon 🥃 and watch the olympics. We will be great.
thank you for sharing this!!! I can finally put down the stress cookies 🍪

2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
5) UT Dell 8/3
6) Tennessee 8/4

Rejected from MUSC. Really doesn’t feel great that my first communication was a rejection…

Love that this thread has the most replies but the least invites LOL

Rejections are almost therapeutic at this point. Sigh

Rejected from MUSC. Really doesn’t feel great that my first communication was a rejection…
Last year people did get interviews after rejections if they emailed the programs and gave a good reason why they were interested! Good luck!

2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
5) UT Dell 8/3
6) Tennessee 8/4
7) University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) 8/4

2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
5) UT Dell 8/3
6) Tennessee 8/4
Tennessee is Vanderbilt or UT? And these are interviews or rejections or ackmowledgements?

got a communication from UCONN saying they'll be in touch in the next few weeks.

2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
5) UT Dell 8/3
6) UT Memphis 8/4
8) UT Southwestern 8/5

2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
5) UT Dell 8/3
6) UT Memphis 8/4
8) UT Southwestern 8/5
9) Boston Medical Center 8/5

If you don’t make the first cut for interviews, does that mean anything?

If you don’t make the first cut for interviews, does that mean anything?
I’m feeling a little disheartened too! Only one interview thus far and one rejection. The silence is killing me

Last edited:
2) Johns Hopkins 7/26
3) Baylor 7/27
4) Wake Forest 7/29
5) UT Dell 8/3
6) UT Memphis 8/4
8) UT Southwestern 8/5
9) Boston Medical Center 8/5
10) University of Oklahoma 8/5
11) UMass 8/5