Penn Decisions Online!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnyhop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in!!!!! check your pages!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats everyone, in advance! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I checked my status, and it still says "Withdrawn..." :laugh:

Congrats!! So when i log in, it gives me a blank page with two tabs at the top. One says "Status" and one says "Choose penn" but neither has anything on it. maybe they haven't finished uploading them or something. weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not Accepted huh, well screw you.

CarleneM said:
Congrats!! So when i log in, it gives me a blank page with two tabs at the top. One says "Status" and one says "Choose penn" but neither has anything on it. maybe they haven't finished uploading them or something. weird.

mine says 'congratulations bunnyhop -- welcome to the Penn Med entering class of 2005'

some of the tabs at the top lead to blank pages... weird

status page glitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im getting that blank screen too when I log in....

And theres one tab taht has an X on it...when I click on it, it says "Access to this Page is Denied".

Doesnt sound good!

bunnyhop said:
mine says 'congratulations bunnyhop -- welcome to the Penn Med entering class of 2005'

some of the tabs at the top lead to blank pages... weird

status page glitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what tabs do you have at the top of your page? (like you, i'm going to HMS but now that there is a status page mystery at penn, i need to get all worked up about it just as was done for the HMS status page fiasco....)

OMG....here I was, going to work on my thesis and then I see this....DOHHHHH.

Bunnyhop--like MiaFL, I'm only getting a blank page to begin with but I can see the penn preview tab--what about you?

bidster said:
OMG....here I was, going to work on my thesis and then I see this....DOHHHHH.

Bunnyhop--like MiaFL, I'm only getting a blank page to begin with but I can see the penn preview tab--what about you?

yea, there's a penn preview tab at the top, but it's blank... just my status page works

Hey all. Now that everyone here is on the topic of Penn, I had a quick question.

I just printed my NCAA bracket, and the #13 seed in the Chicago division is listed as "Penn."

Is this Penn State, or U Penn?

UPenn.

THey always win the Ivy League tourney and always get in the tourney.

They are good, but will get smoked in round 1

Where's the page to check your app status? My friend just got his acceptance packet today...exactly 8 weeks after he interviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
is this real? if so, i'm in. and i'm hyperventilating.

Mine says

404'ed !

(ouch my browser)

MiaFLSurf said:
UPenn.

Thanks!

There is no ivy tourney...but Penn does do well in the league.

MiaFLSurf said:
UPenn.

Mine is still blank...UGH

i read somewhere that someone got their admissions packet already - how was it sent (usps, fedex, etc.) and when was it postmarked and where do you live? Also, does anyone know if they've made any decisions on merit scholarships yet?

Ok... so I still don't think this is real. But, because I've ALREADY been PMed (;))

My page says Congrats Socksandmittens- Welcome to the Penn 2005 class and that a letter has been sent to blank address.

I have a list of check boxes for the FAFSA and such

A tab for the preview (weekend) that leads to a blank page

They are likely still very much in the process of updating the site- so best of luck to everyone. And I really hope this is real!

This is going to be my last anxiety-driven post until I can see something definitive on the status screen or hear something from the admissions office--but I'm getting the blank status screen and have access to three additional tabs: choose penn, penn preview, and financial aid. The first two came up blank, but the finaid page had a link to their records of my financial aid submissions (I haven't submitted anything yet, so if they have been checking stuff off, I wouldn't know). I have no idea what to make of all this (waitlist?)....although a similar blip with decision leaks on penn's page happened last year....so off to sleep!

And *congratulations* to those of you who have (very likely) gotten in!!! Amazing... :)

just what i needed right before i go to sleep.

i get two tabs: 'Status' and 'Choose Penn'

hopefully, i'll wake up to a more definitive 'Waitlist Tier 2.' ah, this process has made me so much more pessimistic.

When I log in, I see two tabs (status and 'choose penn). Both are blank. Thought I'd add to the mystery.

- MK

Hmmm...

I have a blank screen, and the following tabs:

Status
Choose Penn
(X)
Penn Preview
Financial Aid (view your fin. aid package --> list of items, all incomplete, although my Fafsa has been done for around a week, and other schools have started to receive it).

???

Treg

ramblinwreckie said:
just what i needed right before i go to sleep.

i get two tabs: 'Status' and 'Choose Penn'

hopefully, i'll wake up to a more definitive 'Waitlist Tier 2.' ah, this process has made me so much more pessimistic.

yes, same here. I'm quite pessimistic about this one as well but will not be broken up if I am on tier 2 (an essential rejection) since i'm already in at my top choice. I really hope those who have Penn as one of their top choices (GuyLaroche, I'm glancing in your direction...) get good news, or have already, from this cryptic status page. :luck:

My tabs listed are the same as Treg's

-status
-choose Penn
-X
-Penn Preview
-Financial Aid

None of the links other than status and Financial Aid show anything and both appear to be filled in..

It's 2 and I wanted to sleep.. drat. ;)

To add to the speculation, I interviewed in early October, and my last name is in the first quarter of the alphabet...

I wonder if this will all disappear by tomorrow, to be fully unveiled by next week as originally stated, or if it will all be officially uploaded tomorrow...

:eek: Treg

Sadly, I only have the two tabs too: status and choose penn (what the heck does that mean???) So some people actually have the full message: Congrats.. .etc....??!!!

Sigh... I probably didn't make it then. Glad I went to bed last night early and didn't see these threads till now.

UDbiochem said:
Sadly, I only have the two tabs too: status and choose penn (what the heck does that mean???) So some people actually have the full message: Congrats.. .etc....??!!!

Sigh... I probably didn't make it then. Glad I went to bed last night early and didn't see these threads till now.

I've got two tabs too.....but keep hope alive, you don't know what's up til you see it up there.....plus, if you are high on the waitlist, there is still good hope.....lets just wait and see once things are further uploaded!

let me just propose a theory about the penn blank pages --

those who can see the penn preview tab are in,

everyone else is not - waitlist or reject.

elicash said:

I figured that was the prevailing theory......I think you are right, but again, things are not definitive until they are. Deep thoughts this dreary ass morning.

elicash said:

I don't like your theory. lol....

it's all good. if penn doesn't want me, it's not the end of the world.

This is weird. I don't like it.

If anyone calls Penn to confirm their acceptance or to find out what on earth is going on-please post!

sockandmittens said:
If anyone calls Penn to confirm their acceptance or to find out what on earth is going on-please post!

can someone post the link?? i'm not at home and i REALLY want to check...!!!!

Nittany Lion said:
can someone post the link?? i'm not at home and i REALLY want to check...!!!!

mateodaspy, you said you read somewhere that someone got their admissions packet....where, if not here, do you read this stuff?? talk about internet traffic jumping in a day as you post the site, if that's what it is....

because you're from penn state: www.med.upenn.edu/apps/my/admissions

and what the hell is with these schools that can't help but revealing their decisions through the inability to manage status pages? of course i am speaking of HMS and now apparently penn.... can i get an Amen for that?

elicash said:
mateodaspy, you said you read somewhere that someone got their admissions packet....where, if not here, do you read this stuff?? talk about internet traffic jumping in a day as you post the site, if that's what it is....

and what the hell is with these schools that can't help but revealing their decisions through the inability to manage status pages? of course i am speaking of HMS and now apparently penn.... can i get an Amen for that?

yeah, amen. they sent an email that indicated we would discover our fate the week of the 21st. lame.

elicash said:

Hmm...great. Mine still says "inteview completed" :scared:

Well mine now is back to interview completed and all that jazz. I have no idea what to make of this, but I hope I'm not rejected come the 20th.

Very strange, last night and this morning when I woke up, I just had the two tabs that were blank....status and choose penn. Now my page is totally back to normal where my status is "interview completed" and all the other tabs are there. Has this happened to anybody else?

sockandmittens said:
Well mine now is back to interview completed and all that jazz. I have no idea what to make of this, but I hope I'm not rejected come the 20th.

Interesting, I am now also back to the 'normal' condition of interview completed. Someone fixed the leak...

elicash said:

Well, they're apparently in denial over it. I called to ask and got the position that this is all a rumor and that we'll get decisions "around the 20th." :( (At least now I think ajt's initial estimate for the 20th has more weight than the 21st). I'll be surprised if the status pages don't change back to their original forms sometime today as a cover-up....oh well.

But yeah...it does make you wonder how such decision-related status page changes become accessible to applicants, particularly beginning around 1AM in the morning!!!!! :confused:

As a side note, we're on post 46....where the heck is Guy???

adog said:
Very strange, last night and this morning when I woke up, I just had the two tabs that were blank....status and choose penn. Now my page is totally back to normal where my status is "interview completed" and all the other tabs are there. Has this happened to anybody else?

yes. this morning i had the four tabs and "congrats/welcome" msg. now it's back to the original "interview completed" page. i much prefer the msg i woke up to...

My status still says "complete." Gosh, why can't they reject me already?! Get it over with.

Now mine is back to "interview completed" although I still have the option to view my financial aid package...

Treg

PS sockandmittens, you need to get some sleep!! :D :laugh: What happened with Columbia and Stanford, by the way? I am still waiting for Stanford...

elicash said:

UTSW tipped their hand early as well...