Penn dental acceptance chances after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hansolo1711

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the chances of acceptance are for applicants to UPenn after their interview? Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how many does PENN interview?
From last year's thread it is about 360 but that's when there were 120 seats.
At the interview Corky said there will be 135 seats this year, so maybe more?
I was wondering how many more than 135 acceptances are given out.
And if interviewing in December is better than January is better than February.
 
D1 here. In recent years, acceptance rate post-interview was a little over 60%. However, that rate does not apply to any single interview group/day/week. It's only a post cycle value. Just with any other school, there could be zero acceptances from an interview group and a high acceptance rate from another. I'm not saying that necessarily applies to Penn but it's possible lol. For instance 4-5 people from my interview group ended up committing to Penn but I have no idea how many were actually accepted in total apart from 2 others that committed to other schools...
 
D1 here. In recent years, acceptance rate post-interview was a little over 60%. However, that rate does not apply to any single interview group/day/week. It's only a post cycle value. Just with any other school, there could be zero acceptances from an interview group and a high acceptance rate from another. I'm not saying that necessarily applies to Penn but it's possible lol. For instance 4-5 people from my interview group ended up committing to Penn but I have no idea how many were actually accepted in total apart from 2 others that committed to other schools...
That seems like a lot for post december!! Do you also happen to know what happens if, for example, my friend who interviewed the same day as me got in, but I didn't hear anything back, should I assume I'm being waitlisted or rejected? Or is there a chance I might recieve the call although it seems like the committee already viewed my group?
 
That seems like a lot for post december!! Do you also happen to know what happens if, for example, my friend who interviewed the same day as me got in, but I didn't hear anything back, should I assume I'm being waitlisted or rejected? Or is there a chance I might recieve the call although it seems like the committee already viewed my group?
I didn’t hear back on December 1st and a waitlist letter came to my House a few days later but If you don’t hear anything you’re still in active consideration
 
That seems like a lot for post december!! Do you also happen to know what happens if, for example, my friend who interviewed the same day as me got in, but I didn't hear anything back, should I assume I'm being waitlisted or rejected? Or is there a chance I might recieve the call although it seems like the committee already viewed my group?

Lol :hello: I said post-interview, not post December! That value is a statistic that is representative of the duration of an entire application term. There isn't any info readily available as to the rate of acceptance pre vs post December interview. It's just comprehensive.

If you haven't heard anything back assume that it means that you are still being considered for a seat. Typically, Penn sends out rejections without interview around December 1st, and sends out a mass rejection for those that have interviewed around May. Penn operates on a rolling basis . So even though they've reviewed you, that doesn't necessarily mean that they've made a finite decision on your status (as to granting an interview, acceptance, or none of the above). If they're on the fence it's likely that they will review your profile again (for interview or acceptance). Also, consider that admissions typically accepts 2-3 of (who they consider to be) the strongest applicants per interview group as early as 2 weeks from a (post-December) interview date. However, applicants destined for acceptance from the same interview group get notified later on...that also applies to pre-December interviewees that get accepted during the winter or spring. Until you get a no, your chance is still there (for an interview or an acceptance). :laugh:
 
Lol :hello: I said post-interview, not post December! That value is a statistic that is representative of the duration of an entire application term. There isn't any info readily available as to the rate of acceptance pre vs post December interview. It's just comprehensive.

If you haven't heard anything back assume that it means that you are still being considered for a seat. Typically, Penn sends out rejections without interview around December 1st, and sends out a mass rejection for those that have interviewed around May. Penn operates on a rolling basis . So even though they've reviewed you, that doesn't necessarily mean that they've made a finite decision on your status (as to granting an interview, acceptance, or none of the above). If they're on the fence it's likely that they will review your profile again (for interview or acceptance). Also, consider that admissions typically accepts 2-3 of (who they consider to be) the strongest applicants per interview group as early as 2 weeks from a (post-December) interview date. However, applicants destined for acceptance from the same interview group get notified later on...that also applies to pre-December interviewees that get accepted during the winter or spring. Until you get a no, your chance is still there (for an interview or an acceptance). :laugh:
Ahh thanks a lot!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad