Penn MSTP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpnerd00

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was really excited to get an interview for the Penn MSTP today, but they gave me a specific date according to my research interests. Unfortunately, that day conflicts with another MSTP interview that I scheduled only two days ago! Does anyone know how important or useful it is to go on the day of your specific research focus? I could try and reschedule the other interview and see if it's at all possible.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They try to bring all the grad group's students together at a time so that the grad groups can give you their pitches, you can meet as many grad group faculty as possible, and so that you can meet other students with the same interests as you. If you come on a different day, you may not get as good a picture of your area of research focus at Penn. Also, it's easier on the office staff and the grad group to have the grad group applicants together so that they don't have to schedule more interviews on off days.

It's obviously not crucial, though they would probably prefer if you reschedule your other interview. Feel free to e-mail them and ask them directly--they don't bite.

To everyone: I'm happy to answer questions here or you can PM me directly for the unfiltered Penn student interview/post-interview opinions.