Penn MSTP Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's true. However, in a way, it is sort of comforting to know that Penn has made its final decisions.

Somewhere, in an MSTP office far far away, in a drawer or on a cabinet or stored on a hard drive, is my name with a note written out next to it that says accepted, tier 1 WLed, or tier 2 WLed.

Most likely tier 2 WLed, but I can't do anything about that now.

Members don't see this ad.

RUMOR ALERT

Some guy in the pre-allo penn thread said decisions may go out March 20th because that is when Penn said decisions would be announced on his interview day

Some guy in the pre-allo penn thread said decisions may go out March 20th because that is when Penn said decisions would be announced on his interview day

IIRC, our decisions are made in advance of the regular MD decisions, although they wait to tell us until all decisions are made. So we should hear back the same time MD applicants do - if that means the 20th for them, presumably that means the 20th for us too :).

(nice alert, btw :p).

Members don't see this ad :)
In reality, Maggie Krall told me recently that decisions would be rendered 3/25

I can only hope they manage to get them out this Friday.

I honestly feel the same way I felt before MCAT grades came out...

Some people in the pre-allo Penn thread report get criminal background check emails...and that Penn is a possibility.

Hmm.

Hmm...perhaps. The Penn admissions office seems to be on top of things too much to let CBC's slip out early.

BTW, for anyone who interviewed with the Neuroscience Graduate Group, did you get any email from Dr. Neumar about 2 weeks ago?

This is really getting to be nerve racking...I am absolutely petrified :scared::scared:

Nothing yet...

Decisions will go out either Thurs or Fri. Just an FYI.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the source BNSN? I was really hoping for Wed.

I contacted the MSTP office recently. They told me Thurs or Fri is the new date.

Wednesday was what they told me last week.

Not to jump the gun or anything, but does anyone know when the Penn second look is?

So apparently DerrickRose was accepted to the MSTP today as stated on the MD forums.

No word yet on how the decision was conveyed... probably not through the status page because mine hasn't changed yet.:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

If you google "penn mstp", this is the fourth link that comes up:D:D

Status page updated =( Tier 2 waitlist.

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

All status pages should be updated now - I just received an email prompting me to check mine. Good luck to everyone! I deferred Penn MSTP from last year (and will probably be deferring again :laugh:). It's an awesome program that I look forward to starting...someday.

Congrats everyone. Status page should be updated. I will miss you guys at Preview since it's the same weekend as the APSA conference but, like Neuronix, I'll answer any questions honestly. If you came to interview and went to "nightlife" I'm sure we have already met. I'm a soon-to-be 4th year in CAMB.

ah, top of tier 1 waitlist, i guess that's ok, but now I'm not sure what to do about penn preview since michigan's second look is the same weekend. i looked at the penn preview schedule and it doesn't look like it's that much different from the MD schedule, and I was hoping to get to meet more faculty...

yea, it's going to be a tough choice between penn and mich preview....I wonder if we can schedule a separate meetup at one of the schools?

yea, it's going to be a tough choice between penn and mich preview....I wonder if we can schedule a separate meetup at one of the schools?

yeah that's what I was thinking. I wish they would offer two revisit days. congrats on the acceptance!

ah, top of tier 1 waitlist, i guess that's ok, but now I'm not sure what to do about penn preview since michigan's second look is the same weekend. i looked at the penn preview schedule and it doesn't look like it's that much different from the MD schedule, and I was hoping to get to meet more faculty...

I think if you are serious about wanting to get off the waitlist you should go to Penn preview weekend. It's certainly a signal that you are serious about the school and another chance to sell yourself to Skip. I know at last year's preview a couple of people got off the waitlist during the weekend.

I think if you are serious about wanting to get off the waitlist you should go to Penn preview weekend. It's certainly a signal that you are serious about the school and another chance to sell yourself to Skip. I know at last year's preview a couple of people got off the waitlist during the weekend.

yeah, i know, but it's just hard to pass up a revisit for a school that I was accepted to and really like, when the other school has me on the waitlist. I'm going to ask skip if I can visit on a different day.

yeah, i know, but it's just hard to pass up a revisit for a school that I was accepted to and really like, when the other school has me on the waitlist. I'm going to ask skip if I can visit on a different day.

Same boat here. Top of Tier 1 wl, and the Penn Preview overlaps with UCLA (4/24-4/25) for me. Hopefully Skip will let me revisit an extra couple days early...Dammit I thought all the waiting would end today!!

ACCEPTED....SWeeet, 1st Choice at this point. Good luck to everyone on the WL. Hope to see SDNers on the revisit dates.

ACCEPTED....SWeeet, 1st Choice at this point. Good luck to everyone on the WL. Hope to see SDNers on the revisit dates.

Congrats! I saw on your mdapplicants profile that you were also accepted to Columbia. We are in the same boat (I also got good news from upenn today). Are you coming for columbia revisit? what research are you interested in? what makes upenn your number 1 choice so far?

congrats!

Same boat here. Top of Tier 1 wl, and the Penn Preview overlaps with UCLA (4/24-4/25) for me. Hopefully Skip will let me revisit an extra couple days early...Dammit I thought all the waiting would end today!!

yeah, he seems very open to the idea of people visiting at different times, and maggie is helping me make arrangements now.... It would have been nice to have gotten in right away, but at least it seems like we have a good shot. Good luck!

My status page says Waitlist Tier 1, do other people's say "Top of Tier 1"?

Just wondering if Tier 1 only means no chance for me.

Thanks!

Congrats! I saw on your mdapplicants profile that you were also accepted to Columbia. We are in the same boat (I also got good news from upenn today). Are you coming for columbia revisit? what research are you interested in? what makes upenn your number 1 choice so far?

congrats!

Thank you, congrats likewise. I see you have an even tougher time with WashU tossed in there. I will be at both revisits, I want to do BME, so that sort of puts Penn ahead of the Columbia. I think in terms of location having an undergrad campus nearby is very nice. I also think what's pro for one may just as well be con for another person; it's after all highly personal decisions. I liked both institutions, though Penn more so at this point, revisits will seal the deal hopefully.

specifically, your decision letter will have "among those at the very top of the list" underlined. Otherwise it's just regular tier 1.

If you can come to the revisit AT ALL, I strongly recommend it...it's going to be a TON of fun - I should know as I'm helping organize it....