Penn State Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinkerbelle

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys getting to the interview? I've checked out flights, and they are inconvenient and expensive. I can't find any trains or buses that go to Hershey. Are there any stations in the area besides the Hershey station? Any ideas? I'm coming from the Maryland/DC area.

Also, do y'all know of any good places to stay? I've checked out the Penn State website, but it doesn't list prices. Although I guess the Hershey Lodge is the most convenient since it's across the street from the med school. I'm surprised there are no student hosts....

Thanks in advance :)

tinkerbelle

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone going to Penn State...maybe fly into harrisburg and then drive? perhaps find someone here interviewing the same day and sharing the cost of a rental car?

on a side note: i cannot friggin' believe they haven't posted my LORs yet. Sent in one month ago...

tinkerbelle, how did drexel go?

wxl31 said:
I know someone going to Penn State...maybe fly into harrisburg and then drive? perhaps find someone here interviewing the same day and sharing the cost of a rental car?

on a side note: i cannot friggin' believe they haven't posted my LORs yet. Sent in one month ago...

tinkerbelle, how did drexel go?

The Drexel interview was very relaxed... no hard questions. I can PM you all the questions if you want. I just don't want to post too many details and give my identity away. But one of my interviewers gave me a hug afterwards :) It was really sweet :)

Hmm. Yeah, that's a good idea, but I'm not old enough to rent a car. Don't you have to be 25? Life would be so much easier if I had a car...

Members don't see this ad :)
Easiest way from the DC are is by car - it is only a 2.5 hr drive. There is an AMTRAK station in Harrisburg but you would have to take a cab from the train station to the hotel. There are cheaper hotels in the area but you would need a car to get to the interview from the hotel. Hershey is a pretty tough place to get around without a car.

I agree that it doesn't seem too far, so long as you are willing to make the drive. It looks pretty direct too once you're on the highways. I stayed at the Rodeway in with a AAA discount for $44. It was a really nice (for the price) room and was convenient to the school. You'll need to drive to the school from the hotel, but parking is convenient at both places, so this shouldn't be any problems. PM me if you have any other questions!