Penn State Second Look Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joseph

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attended a Penn State Second Look Day? If anyone here has attended, what did you see or learn that you didn't see or learn on the interview day?

I am considering attending the upcoming second look day, because I am trying to make my final decision on a school. However, the Second Look Day email invitation doesn't really say what the itinerary of the day will be (it says you will get an itinerary of the day if you RSVP, so I sent in my RSVP and I got an email confirmation that says that an itinerary is given out when you arrive on the actual day). I did call the admissions office, and the person quickly went over some of the things that will happen during the day, and it what I caught of what she read over sounded fairly similar to the interview day. Thank you if anyone can help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Here the schedule:

8:30 – 9 am Check-In and Registration
9 – 9:30 am Welcome and Introductions (Auditorium)
9:30 – 10 am Curriculum Overview and Student Perspective (Auditorium)
10 – 10:30 am Introduction to Gross Anatomy (Auditorium)
10:30-10:45 “Ice Breaker”
10:45 – 11:15 am Introduction to Cardiac Physiology (Auditorium)
(11 am - 2 pm School Bookstore Open)
11:15 – 11:45 am Financial Aid Overview (Auditorium)
11:45 – 1 pm Lunch (LR-B)
1-2pm Problem-Based Learning Session
2 – 2:30 pm Introduction to Humanities (Auditorium)
2:30 – 3:15 pm Student Panel Q&A (Auditorium)
3:15 – 3:30 pm Closing Remarks (Auditorium)
3:30 pm Tours of On-Campus Housing (University Manor East) and Fitness Center

Sounds different from the interview day if you ask me. No hospital tour but a tour of the student housing (which we didn't get on the interview day). I wonder what the introduction to gross anatomy, cardiac physiology and humanities is about.... and now that you are accepted, you might actually pay attention during the financial aid session.

Thank you for posting the schedule - yes, it definitely sounds different from the interview day. The person in the admissions office had told me it would consist of a chance to sit in on a class, a financial aid session, a visit to the bookstore, lunch, and a tour. Thanks again for letting me know. Hope to see you there! :)