Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Penn state

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chemwiz14, Dec 6, 2005.

1. chemwiz14

chemwiz14 Member
    5+ Year Member

anyone have any info about penn state interviews or the school???

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bluenebula83

bluenebula83 Member
    7+ Year Member

penn state is a great school. i interviewed there about two months ago (no word from 'em yet! btw) anyway, the interviews are two open-file interviews lasting on average of 30 min each with faculty and staff. wat impressed me the most about the school is that it has a trauma I unit right on campus that serves the larger part of pennsylvania. eventho the school is largely in a remote area (hershey, PA) you get lots of experience from the hospital. one of my interviewees was so-so and the other one was great! it appeared that the second one was really interested in wat i was saying, and asked intelligent questions accordingly. the school really bumped up on my list after i visited the place. the best way to prepare for this interview was to really know yourself. that means going through your secondary and essays and how you can relate them to medicine. well, hope this helps! :D

4. tigress

tigress queen of the jungle
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, my interviews were good. The school was in a nice location (I like rural). My second interview was probably the best interview I've had. I didn't like my lunch with the students (they seemed pretty immature). One of their questions on their last gross anatomy exam had been, "Tell me about the knee," or something like that. Yup, an essay exam. I was really turned off by that.

And, yeah...I got waitlisted :laugh:

5. Scalpellum

Scalpellum SDN Donor
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The interviews are pretty relaxed. The school is great.