Penn state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any info about penn state interviews or the school???

Members don't see this ad.

chemwiz14 said:

penn state is a great school. i interviewed there about two months ago (no word from 'em yet! btw) anyway, the interviews are two open-file interviews lasting on average of 30 min each with faculty and staff. wat impressed me the most about the school is that it has a trauma I unit right on campus that serves the larger part of pennsylvania. eventho the school is largely in a remote area (hershey, PA) you get lots of experience from the hospital. one of my interviewees was so-so and the other one was great! it appeared that the second one was really interested in wat i was saying, and asked intelligent questions accordingly. the school really bumped up on my list after i visited the place. the best way to prepare for this interview was to really know yourself. that means going through your secondary and essays and how you can relate them to medicine. well, hope this helps! :D

Yeah, my interviews were good. The school was in a nice location (I like rural). My second interview was probably the best interview I've had. I didn't like my lunch with the students (they seemed pretty immature). One of their questions on their last gross anatomy exam had been, "Tell me about the knee," or something like that. Yup, an essay exam. I was really turned off by that.

And, yeah...I got waitlisted :laugh:

chemwiz14 said:

The interviews are pretty relaxed. The school is great.