-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Penn Vet c/o 2026
Started by g0rang2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m #15. Rob says it varies from year to year. Last year, they didn’t take anyone off the waitlist so we just have to cross our fingers.Hi guys! Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves? I am #11 and am really hopeful to make it off the waitlist 🙂
Did you have to call for your waitlist number?I’m #15. Rob says it varies from year to year. Last year, they didn’t take anyone off the waitlist so we just have to cross our fingers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Rob about something else and he replied also giving me my waitlist number. Technically, we aren’t supposed to email until Friday, but I don’t think it would hurt to ask!Did you have to call for your waitlist number?
Just wondering if anyone knows the large animal opportunities available for students? I know there is the New Bolton Center but I was unsure how much students are able to go down or if it was just for clinicals.
I’ve heard that with this new curriculum students will be going to NBC starting first year. I spoke to current students and they said it’s what you make of it, if you are interested in large animal medicine there are opportunities every weekend to go down if students want.Just wondering if anyone knows the large animal opportunities available for students? I know there is the New Bolton Center but I was unsure how much students are able to go down or if it was just for clinicals.
This is correct. Even in the older curriculum, we all went to NBC several times per semester starting in first year for wet labs (physical exams, etc). In third year spring, there is an entire block dedicated to LA electives. I imagine that these opportunities will only increase in the new curriculum. Additionally, there are clubs for every discipline you can think of, including LA disciplines, that run all kinds of events each month.I’ve heard that with this new curriculum students will be going to NBC starting first year. I spoke to current students and they said it’s what you make of it, if you are interested in large animal medicine there are opportunities every weekend to go down if students want.
Just factor in that NBC is an hour from the Penn Campus and it can easily be 1 1/2+ hours in traffic.
sarahg1919
Full Member
Just declined my spot! Good luck to everyone!
stellawinston2019
New Member
Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? I still haven’t gotten mine /:
I haven’t either! I emailed the Financial Aid Office and haven’t heard back.Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? I still haven’t gotten mine /:
I heard back from financial aid today
Like email with package? Or just answering a question?I heard back from financial aid today
My packageLike email with package? Or just answering a question?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I know this is a long shot, but is there anybody who hasn’t posted on here that is declining their spot?
I declined my OOS seat to Penn!Hey guys! I know this is a long shot, but is there anybody who hasn’t posted on here that is declining their spot?
andydoctor
Full Member
Does anyone know how well be notified if we get off the waitlist? Call or email?
Were you on the waitlist?I declined my OOS seat, best of luck everyone!
No, I wasn'tWere you on the waitlist?
Nope, haven’t heard anything yet :/Has anybody heard about waitlist information?
stellawinston2019
New Member
I can tell you that the Facebook page had a ton of people join on Saturday so people have been taken off the waitlistNope, haven’t heard anything yet :/
andydoctor
Full Member
I can tell you that the Facebook page had a ton of people join on Saturday so people have been taken off the waitlist
I’m number 2 on the waitlist (I’m OOS) and I haven’t heard anything yet
stellawinston2019
New Member
Must have been IS waitlist then!I’m number 2 on the waitlist (I’m OOS) and I haven’t heard anything yet
Most of the people who just joined the Facebook group appear to be current students, so I'm not sure what (if any) movement there has been on the waitlist...Must have been IS waitlist then!
I don't think the Facebook group is an accurate representation of the the upcoming class. As far as I can tell and have seen, it's been silent for both IS and OOS waitlist.
stellawinston2019
New Member
I just assumed it was the waitlist because like 70 people joined the day after decision day sorry
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No worries!! Don’t be sorry! Just trying to keep some hope up for everyone here on the waitlist!I just assumed it was the waitlist because like 70 people joined the day after decision day sorry
I‘m #5 IS waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet either so confirming it must have been current students joining the Facebook group!
I also emailed Rob and asked if there were any updates and got a auto response that he is out of the office till later this week so we potentially won’t hear anything until he’s back?
I also emailed Rob and asked if there were any updates and got a auto response that he is out of the office till later this week so we potentially won’t hear anything until he’s back?
Yup! Same here! Fingers crossed for some good news on Thursday!I‘m #5 IS waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet either so confirming it must have been current students joining the Facebook group!
I also emailed Rob and asked if there were any updates and got a auto response that he is out of the office till later this week so we potentially won’t hear anything until he’s back?
Same with OOS :/Rob emailed me back and confirmed that deposits have filled the IS seats
Hi class of 2026 - Looking for info on student rentals. Please feel free to message me or post here.
1- Approx how much do you pay for rent per month?
2- How many people do you live with/how many roommates?
3- How far away do you live from school?
4- Do you need to have a car? Or is public transportation easy to navigate?
5- How did you find your housing/roommates?
1- Approx how much do you pay for rent per month?
2- How many people do you live with/how many roommates?
3- How far away do you live from school?
4- Do you need to have a car? Or is public transportation easy to navigate?
5- How did you find your housing/roommates?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 508
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 854