Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the email I was placed on hold, is anyone familiar with this process? Should I lose hope?

Members don't see this ad :)
got an email that i was rejected after interviewing lol. kinda surprised I wasn't placed on hold tbh ...but I got into UMN so perhaps not all hope is lost.

Got the email I was placed on hold, is anyone familiar with this process? Should I lose hope?
I wouldn’t loose hope! I’ve been on hold since the first interview group and choosing to remain cautiously optimistic ☺

Reactions: 1 users
I had until Tuesday after receiving my email Friday morning. I’ve seen you on other threads and am really hoping you get one! 🤗
Was it until Tuesday 11:59 pm? Maybe I can hear back from them on Wed morning if anyone declines?

Was it until Tuesday 11:59 pm? Maybe I can hear back from them on Wed morning if anyone declines?
I believe so! But I wouldn’t be surprised if a few people also don’t hear until after interviews are over in case people change their mind as decisions from other schools roll out. This is all just a guess though - I have no clue!

got an email that i was rejected after interviewing lol. kinda surprised I wasn't placed on hold tbh ...but I got into UMN so perhaps not all hope is lost.
The opposite here: UMN waitlisted me (they don’t contact you until after decision day about if you are pulled from the waitlist) and accepted at PennVet. Made me realize I want a raptor center or wildlife clinic close by lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious. Has anyone who received an invite to interview declined their invitation at any point this cycle?

OOS acceptance this morning around 11am. Yep, I cried at work! Can’t believe this is happening!
Still haven’t seen any email yet

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS acceptance this morning around 11am. Yep, I cried at work! Can’t believe this is happening!
Still haven’t seen any email yet
I haven’t gotten one either! I think they usually get sent on Wednesdays so fingers crossed we get it tomorrow. I also won’t let myself believe it’s real until I get the email lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t gotten one either! I think they usually get sent on Wednesdays so fingers crossed we get it tomorrow. I also won’t let myself believe it’s real until I get the email lol
Hahah right? I need this in writing!

Just got an email at 7 am CST - OOS acceptance!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know if it will hurt us if we cant go to the admissions intro meeting? I can get to my interview on time but I have something I cant get out of from 9-10 (during that admissions intro) but my interview isn't until 11:30

I interviewed last Friday and have not heard back yet, but I do feel like practicing the interview questions found here was the best thing I could have done to help me in the interview! University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine Interview Feedback

Also for those of you who have heard back, did they leave you a voicemail if you could not answer the phone? Or did you have to wait for them to send the official email?
Yup, they will leave a voicemail! The official email will arrive within a couple days of the phone call :)

Anyone know if it will hurt us if we cant go to the admissions intro meeting? I can get to my interview on time but I have something I cant get out of from 9-10 (during that admissions intro) but my interview isn't until 11:30
I'm not sure if it will necessarily "hurt" you, but I would definitely reach out to Rob ahead of time to discuss this.

when i asked i was told it was necessary to log in asap, so i’d try and get in at least for the beginning. you don’t have to stay for the whole q and a tho!

when i asked i was told it was necessary to log in asap, so i’d try and get in at least for the beginning. you don’t have to stay for the whole q and a tho!
I emailed and he said it’s no problem! It’s encouraged so that we can get to know the students and ask about student life etc. but it has no bearing on the interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody who has already interviewed with Penn- Are the questions they ask similar to the ones on sdn?
Yes, the ones on SDN are representative of the types of questions that they asked in my interview.

Anybody who has already interviewed with Penn- Are the questions they ask similar to the ones on sdn?
Very similar, I was asked one that was almost verbatim with some on the SDN page.

Is anyone still waiting for interview invites?

I saw someone on Facebook this morning post that they got an invite but they didn’t say if they received the invitation today.

Has anyone heard about recruitment scholarships since 2/3? Just trying to figure out if they send them out in waves or randomly. Thank you!

Same. This happened to me last year (I think) and I got ultimately rejected. Hoping for a better outcome this time though.
Same, and I really wanna know when I'll receive a rejection. I kinda lost hope now, wanna apply for vet schools in Australia for this year's cycle

• Care
i was excited to maybe hear back today but I forgot it’s Presidents’ Day… sad

i was excited to maybe hear back today but I forgot it’s Presidents’ Day… sad
lmao us first years had an exam today at 9am haha im sure the admissions people are still at work today!!

Has anyone heard about recruitment scholarships since 2/3? Just trying to figure out if they send them out in waves or randomly. Thank you!
I was wondering the same thing! Patiently waiting to see if anything comes 🤞🏼

• Care
OOS acceptance! Just got the call about 10 minutes ago (1:50 PM EST)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
What area code was it from 😭 I got a call from a 917 number so I just thought it was my friend from New York and declined it.

What area code was it from 😭 I got a call from a 917 number so I just thought it was my friend from New York and declined it.
The call should be specifically coming from Philadelphia right? Mine was 267

Mine was a Boston area code and both my interviewers currently live in PA so I would answer any call just in case!

Ohh okay, thanks everyone!! <333

One of my interviewer is from New York, but I thought it’s the admissions board that calls?

My call was from one of my interviewers who is an alumni based in NJ. He said he was calling from his personal cell!

😭 okay I google searched the phone number and it was indeed the vet who interviewed me. I guess I’ll wait for an email and see what happens.

😭 okay I google searched the phone number and it was indeed the vet who interviewed me. I guess I’ll wait for an email and see what happens.
Sorry from bombarding this thread, but she called me back at 6:31PM with an OOS Acceptance!!!! I still can’t believe it, really grateful for everyone that has been a part of this journey :,)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody have any interview tips? How chill was the interview, was it conversational, etc. Thank you in advance!

has anybody who interviewed friday still not heard anything? any idea when they typically send out rejection/hold emails?

Does anybody have any interview tips? How chill was the interview, was it conversational, etc. Thank you in advance!
I felt like I had to be more professional vs. conversational compared to my other interviews, but that could just be based on who was interviewing me and the questions requiring a bit more thought! However, they were very nice and the time flew by, so overall I wouldn’t say it was any more stressful than other ones I’ve done. You’ve got this!

has anybody who interviewed friday still not heard anything? any idea when they typically send out rejection/hold emails?
They typically are sent out Monday (although no one posted anything yesterday) so hoping you get the call today! 🤗

i got my email with an acceptance the wednesday morning after my interview! i’ve heard people getting told as late as thursday evening so there’s still time!

There’s an SDN page with people talking about the Penn interview with some questions they were asked. I personally found those helpful. It was pretty laidback for me, though, I had space to express myself alongside explaining my experiences and research

Mine was pretty conversational and relaxed. I went into it with the mindset that they must have liked something in my application and the interview is an opportunity for them to get to know a little more about me personally.... Just be yourself and I'm sure it's going to go well!