Penn Vet c/o 2026

Started by g0rang2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got an email that i was rejected after interviewing lol. kinda surprised I wasn't placed on hold tbh ...but I got into UMN so perhaps not all hope is lost.
 
I had until Tuesday after receiving my email Friday morning. I’ve seen you on other threads and am really hoping you get one! 🤗
Was it until Tuesday 11:59 pm? Maybe I can hear back from them on Wed morning if anyone declines?
 
Was it until Tuesday 11:59 pm? Maybe I can hear back from them on Wed morning if anyone declines?
I believe so! But I wouldn’t be surprised if a few people also don’t hear until after interviews are over in case people change their mind as decisions from other schools roll out. This is all just a guess though - I have no clue!
 
got an email that i was rejected after interviewing lol. kinda surprised I wasn't placed on hold tbh ...but I got into UMN so perhaps not all hope is lost.
The opposite here: UMN waitlisted me (they don’t contact you until after decision day about if you are pulled from the waitlist) and accepted at PennVet. Made me realize I want a raptor center or wildlife clinic close by lmao
 
Just curious. Has anyone who received an invite to interview declined their invitation at any point this cycle?
 
OOS acceptance this morning around 11am. Yep, I cried at work! Can’t believe this is happening!
Still haven’t seen any email yet
I haven’t gotten one either! I think they usually get sent on Wednesdays so fingers crossed we get it tomorrow. I also won’t let myself believe it’s real until I get the email lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if it will hurt us if we cant go to the admissions intro meeting? I can get to my interview on time but I have something I cant get out of from 9-10 (during that admissions intro) but my interview isn't until 11:30
 
I interviewed last Friday and have not heard back yet, but I do feel like practicing the interview questions found here was the best thing I could have done to help me in the interview! University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine Interview Feedback

Also for those of you who have heard back, did they leave you a voicemail if you could not answer the phone? Or did you have to wait for them to send the official email?
Yup, they will leave a voicemail! The official email will arrive within a couple days of the phone call 🙂
 
Anyone know if it will hurt us if we cant go to the admissions intro meeting? I can get to my interview on time but I have something I cant get out of from 9-10 (during that admissions intro) but my interview isn't until 11:30
I'm not sure if it will necessarily "hurt" you, but I would definitely reach out to Rob ahead of time to discuss this.
 
Anyone know if it will hurt us if we cant go to the admissions intro meeting? I can get to my interview on time but I have something I cant get out of from 9-10 (during that admissions intro) but my interview isn't until 11:30
when i asked i was told it was necessary to log in asap, so i’d try and get in at least for the beginning. you don’t have to stay for the whole q and a tho!
 
Has anyone heard about recruitment scholarships since 2/3? Just trying to figure out if they send them out in waves or randomly. Thank you!
 
Same. This happened to me last year (I think) and I got ultimately rejected. Hoping for a better outcome this time though.
Same, and I really wanna know when I'll receive a rejection. I kinda lost hope now, wanna apply for vet schools in Australia for this year's cycle
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What area code was it from 😭 I got a call from a 917 number so I just thought it was my friend from New York and declined it.
 
Ohh okay, thanks everyone!! <333

One of my interviewer is from New York, but I thought it’s the admissions board that calls?
 
Does anybody have any interview tips? How chill was the interview, was it conversational, etc. Thank you in advance!
 
has anybody who interviewed friday still not heard anything? any idea when they typically send out rejection/hold emails?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have any interview tips? How chill was the interview, was it conversational, etc. Thank you in advance!
I felt like I had to be more professional vs. conversational compared to my other interviews, but that could just be based on who was interviewing me and the questions requiring a bit more thought! However, they were very nice and the time flew by, so overall I wouldn’t say it was any more stressful than other ones I’ve done. You’ve got this!
 
has anybody who interviewed friday still not heard anything? any idea when they typically send out rejection/hold emails?
i got my email with an acceptance the wednesday morning after my interview! i’ve heard people getting told as late as thursday evening so there’s still time!
 
Does anybody have any interview tips? How chill was the interview, was it conversational, etc. Thank you in advance!
There’s an SDN page with people talking about the Penn interview with some questions they were asked. I personally found those helpful. It was pretty laidback for me, though, I had space to express myself alongside explaining my experiences and research
 
Does anybody have any interview tips? How chill was the interview, was it conversational, etc. Thank you in advance!
Mine was pretty conversational and relaxed. I went into it with the mindset that they must have liked something in my application and the interview is an opportunity for them to get to know a little more about me personally.... Just be yourself and I'm sure it's going to go well!