Penn vs. Cornell vs. UT vs. VaMd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevetH02

Reaction score
Hi all! I want to start off by saying I am incredibly grateful to have been accepted to a lot of wonderful programs this year and am still very shocked about it. From my acceptances, Penn, Cornell, UT, and VaMd are my top four and I was hoping to hear from anyone currently at the schools or graduates or whoever really haha who has some information on the programs! I know I have time to make a decision but I want to try and decide sooner rather than later so I can begin to decline my seats I am not taking to allow others to hear sooner about their acceptances!

I am a tradition applicant, with Penn being my IS, but with that being said that makes most of these programs all approximately the same cost so that is not really factored into my decision. I am interested in small animals and potentially mixed animals, with specific interests in anything working/sport dogs so canine sport and performance med, SA ortho surgery, and animal behavior. However, I am trying to pick a school that is well rounded in all areas so I can experience everything possible in vet school that I may not have a chance to once I graduate (like working with exotics/zoo med).

Any help or insight is helpful! I am interested also in things such as how pet friendly the area/housing is (I have a pup), curriculum and hands on experience, vibes of the school and how connected you feel to your classmates, how you feel clinicals are, etc.

Members don't see this ad.