This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

future_nostalgia

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I was fortunate to receive acceptances to these four schools (and received a $20k/year scholarship to Penn). And I'm having a little trouble making my decision. I know most people say to go with the cheapest option (in this case it would be UConn), but I was just curious if there was any insight on each of these schools that could possibly help me narrow things down. Based on the interview days the two I felt like I liked the most were Penn and Columbia, but I did really like the integrated medical curriculum and "team-learning" at Harvard and UConn. I'm open to the idea of specializing, but not 100% set on a specialization yet. If anyone could give any helpful advice I'd greatly appreciate it! 🙂 Congrats to everyone on all their acceptances!

Also I'm OOS for all of these
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uconn!! I said this in a similar thread, but it applies here too. I chose UConn because it has the entire package with a small class size, pass/fail medical based curriculum, amazing faculty, in-state tuition after 1st year, and affordable location. They are all great options, but personally each of those schools had major drawbacks for me (location/cost) while UConn didn't.
 
Last edited:
UConn and Penn tend to have the slight edge in clinical curriculum.

Wandered over to the pre-dental forum for some reason, but just wanted to make it clear that Penn is not a "clinically-centered" dental school. If you think you'll be ready for private practice after 4 years at Penn Dental, you are in for a treat. Things may be changing with the new dean though.
 
Wandered over to the pre-dental forum for some reason, but just wanted to make it clear that Penn is not a "clinically-centered" dental school. If you think you'll be ready for private practice after 4 years at Penn Dental, you are in for a treat. Things may be changing with the new dean though.
Yeah things are changing for sure. The new dean is 100% focused on making Penn a stronger clinical program.
 
Wandered over to the pre-dental forum for some reason, but just wanted to make it clear that Penn is not a "clinically-centered" dental school. If you think you'll be ready for private practice after 4 years at Penn Dental, you are in for a treat. Things may be changing with the new dean though.

Compared to harvard and columbia?