People who are taking a year off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epoh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are applying this year after graduated from college, what are you doing for a year between now and dental school next year?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm tryin to get a jobby job! Hopefully I can line up an interview tomorrow. If I get the job, I hope they don't get too angry when I request days off for dschool interview, cuz I'm going whether they like it or not.

Oh yeah, I also just came back from an 8-state road trip, which was REALLY nice.

I am doing research at Columbia University. I wanted something that would look good to the dental school...though it would have been nice to take some time to travel and do nothing! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
epoh said:
If you are applying this year after graduated from college, what are you doing for a year between now and dental school next year?

Just got a job as a dental assistant in a perio practice. This came about through shadowing once with the dentist...and he's also a professor at the dental school I want to attend so that's a huge plus. Also, working in a restaurant at night. And gonna do some traveling to Latin America for a few months next summer. Live it up before D-school my friend, but make sure you have some "legitimate" activites going on to tell admission officers. Because they will ask what the hell you have been doing since you graduated from college with that expensive bachelors degree.

I just decided last week what I would be doing next year (I graduate this coming May). I will go back to undergrad and recieve a 2nd degree in Molecular Biology. It is only going to take me 30 hours! And in the mean time, I can apply with a better GPA.

AUTigers said:
I just decided last week what I would be doing next year (I graduate this coming May). I will go back to undergrad and recieve a 2nd degree in Molecular Biology. It is only going to take me 30 hours! And in the mean time, I can apply with a better GPA.

are u just getting a 2nd bachelors, or a masters?

lastrnd said:
are u just getting a 2nd bachelors, or a masters?

A 2nd Bachelor's.

I was wondering, do any of you guys have loans? I might have to take a year off after graduation and I'm afraid that I have to start loan repayments. :scared: Is there a way to get some kind of deferment?