• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

carib23

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Just a thought

Alright...are we going to keep creating threads that seperate us?
We all have the same ultimate goal of attending dental school....so why is it necessary to throw race/ethnicity into the mix........can we not relate on other levels....must it always come down to race/culture/ethnicity....

Why not help each other......

Create threads about what everyone shld do to have a great application.....give advice to all regardless of race/ethnicity.
Let us help each other to reach our career goals and not focus so much on seperating ourselves into our own little threads.......

in her drawer

Ain't no glory in a war
10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2006
The City, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Just a thought

We all have the same ultimate goal of attending dental school....so why is it necessary to throw race/ethnicity into the mix........can we not relate on other levels....must it always come down to race/culture/ethnicity....

Create threads about what everyone shld do to have a great application.....give advice to all regardless of race/ethnicity.
Let us help each other to reach our career goals and not focus so much on seperating ourselves into our own little threads.......

May I interject for just one moment? Okay, good. Now correct me if I'm wrong, and please do (especially armorshell), but isn't this why we wanted an off-topic dental forum? Huh.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I think IHD is right...but we'd still have people coming onto the regular predent forum and asking these things one way or the other.

And yes, we'll continue to separate ourselves and divide ourselves into any which way and manner we possibly could because that's what always happens.

About the Ads

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I think IHD is right...but we'd still have people coming onto the regular predent forum and asking these things one way or the other.

And yes, we'll continue to separate ourselves and divide ourselves into any which way and manner we possibly could because that's what always happens.

For example you're an old school punk who sold his soul to teeth, so therefore I couldn't possibly hang out with you. ;)

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Status (Visible)
Just a thought

True, we have the same goal of wanting to attend dental school, and while it it not necessary to throw race/ethnicity into the mix, it's also definitely not a crime to do so. Whether you're posting in all threads or only "race" threads, as long as you're not violating SDN's code of conduct, then I don't see any harm. I've been on these forums for quite a while, and I have never felt as if I was getting a lack of advice due to users not being of my ethnicity (West Indian).

jlicious

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
Washington..... state!
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Why do you have to hate on those w/o eyes? I bet some blind pre-dents would be offended by your thread.

You should have titled it "People who read SDN all day where you at??"

Cuz we're the only ones who would read this ish

cdmOMR

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
May I interject for just one moment? Okay, good. Now correct me if I'm wrong, and please do (especially armorshell), but isn't this why we wanted an off-topic dental forum? Huh.

Woulda done well if they kept it under dental...once in the off-topic it took like 12 clicks just to get to it, and people dont want to click that much. Not that it was necessary for them to re-merge it with Off-topics.

litldime

D2
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Just a thought

sorry but i don't agree with you... as long as no one is being disrespectful, i think these threads are ok... sometimes i read them and sometimes i don't, if it bothers you, look over it, this is an anonymous website..
-ld

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.