People who make their own cards, when do you do them?

MedIverson

OMS-I
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been making my own cards, which takes forever, but it helps me understand better; however, since making them takes forever (especially during a 5-6 hour lecture period), I have to hold off on doing them till the next day, or sometimes even hold off till the weekend. Does any knowledgeable individual have tips for this? Is this an okay practice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If it works for you and you have time to do them, then that’s totally fine. I’d say just to make sure your sticking to high yield info or points stressed by the lecturer. Doing 100+ cards per lecture for 6 lectures a day is just not sustainable. Doing 25-50 cards per lecture is more manageable. I personally find it easier to just read through slides than to make my own Anki cards.

I do use a premade Anki deck(Anking) with boards material though. So before a class I might watch a Boards and Beyond video about that topic, unsuspend and go through the tagged Anking cards for that video. Then watch the lecture and hilight important facts not covered by Boards and Beyond.

Reactions: 1 user
Get a group of people that make high quality cards and share the load. This is the best way to supplement premade Anki cards IMO. You shouldn’t be only studying self made cards. The quality of premade decks (like Anking) is just too high to waste time with that