Pepid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying it for 4th year rotations and beyond. Do you have to buy it for each platform you want to use it on or is it one price and you can put it on all your devices?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't waste the money.

Its a decent resource. Decent. The interface is clumsy at best, and while you're on fourth-year (and even intern-year) rotations... you'll probably only use it a handful of times.

Now WikEM... yep. Now there's an easy-to-use resource.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it. It is pretty good and comprehensive, but like RustedFox said, the interface is not very good and takes a lot of clicks to get to where you need to go. It does have pretty much everything you need, including dosages. I think it would be worth it if it was $15 and not $150, or whatever it is selling for currently.

Yep. I bought it my intern year with my "education money". Used it less than 20 times. Realistically, probably 12. Became too frustratingly difficult to navigate, and I was "off-service" so much that it made limited sense to ever access it.

Disclaimer: I have no vested personal or financial interest in WikEM, but it is as good as gold, free, and constantly updated. (Double-secret disclaimer: I'm also an apple-hater, so Droid FTW).

a bit pricey for med school - i started using it when i was a resident... when smartphones were first starting out.

i find it to be easy to use, has good EM targeted info, and is up to date. i think what you pay for is the upkeep and whatnot, since it isn't a static resource. has photos of conditions and of procedures, which is nice.

i think they may have a student and/or resident discount?

will check out wikem, if it's better then i'll definitely switch.

I bought it last august for my iPhone and was really excite to use it. I actually rarely use it though. I don't find the interface very user friendly and I think that is the main reason. I'm not planning on renewing the subscription at this point.

Thanks all. More than happy to take advice that saves me a hundred bucks. For some reason I thought Pepid had a much stronger following...

Don't waste the money.

Its a decent resource. Decent. The interface is clumsy at best, and while you're on fourth-year (and even intern-year) rotations... you'll probably only use it a handful of times.

Now WikEM... yep. Now there's an easy-to-use resource.

This.

WikEM is awesome and free

disclaimer - I have written multiple PEPID chapters

I have used PEPID for the past 4 years and like it. I also have WikEM but don't use it often.

When I first read it I thought it said PepCid, and then read the first sentence thinking "dude you need our help deciding to buy a PPI for your 4th year...?"

I'm *****ed

When I first read it I thought it said PepCid, and then read the first sentence thinking "dude you need our help deciding to buy a PPI for your 4th year...?"

I'm *****ed

Pepcid is an H2 blocker, not a PPI.