Percentage Correct and Predicted MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkdd361

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I was just wondering-- so say you got 50% correct on the biology section of the MCAT, roughly what score would that be?
So would 50% be a 125 in one of the sections?
Would 60% be a 126-127?
I'm just wondering what to expect.

** PEOPLE WHO TOOK THE 2015 January MCAT-- what percentage correct did you get on the sections???**

I already know that it varies with each test but there must be some type of consistency.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. I was just wondering-- so say you got 50% correct on the biology section of the MCAT, roughly what score would that be?

No one knows

No, 125 is ~50'th percentile, =/= percent correct.

Would 60% be a 126-127?
Maybe? Once again no one knows.

** PEOPLE WHO TOOK THE 2015 January MCAT-- what percentage correct did you get on the sections???**

I already know that it varies with each test but there must be some type of consistency.

Thanks!

If there is any consistency we have no clue what it will be around.

EDIT:
In essence, there is very little meaningful information you can extrapolate from percent correct to MCAT score. The best you can do is seek to improve your raw percent correct and take it well you feel as though you've mastered the content/critical thinking required for this beast of an exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Would 60% be a 126-127?

Thanks!

The January 2015 exam was still on the old scale, 3 to a 45 (1-15 per section).

On most practice tests I have taken, ~65%-75% tends to be the 125-126 range (going off of TPR).

To give you perspective I know someone who averaged 124 on the Chem/Phys Kaplan section. His April 2015 pre-lim had that section at a 85-100% percentile range.