1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

percentile rank range?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by jtorres, Mar 26, 2004.

1. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

what is this exactly. does this correspond to the percentage of correct answers. for example, i took a practice BS section and got 55% (yeah i know that isn't great) correct. kaplan's comprehensive exam 2004 says that 52.6-68.0% is a scaled score of 9. (1) does that mean that 52.6-68.0% of those who took the same test got a 9 or (2) does that mean that getting 55% correct means i would have gotten a 9 on that section. i tend to believe that (1) is correct because 55% is a pretty crappy percentage. the average matriculant here in texas scores a 29 or an average of 9.67 per section. i would bet that med students score better than 55%!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. willthatsall

willthatsall Unretired
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I agree with you; those are probably percentile numbers. If it was for grading purposes, it seems like they would just give you raw score instead of percent correct.