percentile vs. standard score

Skyla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the test last sat and did well in everything (AA score: 370) but in Reading Comprehension I got 39.5 percentile but it was a 330 standard score. I know people say you shouldn't have any scores under 300.. but is that assuming 300 is the 50 percentile? Do optometry schools care about the standard score or the percentile? Is this okay?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you should worry about it. I actually got that same RC score and I was worried about it at first, but I've been accepted to SCO and NOVA. I think schools only receive the raw score, and not the percentiles, but I'm not positive about that. Anyways, don't worry about it, you should be fine! :)

I don't think you should worry about it. I actually got that same RC score and I was worried about it at first, but I've been accepted to SCO and NOVA. I think schools only receive the raw score, and not the percentiles, but I'm not positive about that. Anyways, don't worry about it, you should be fine! :)

to OP: schools do receive raw scores only. Rose, I have my interview at NOVA early next month. How was the interviews? What questions did they ask you, any tips? You are accepted to my top two choices, congratz!!!!

beatnik - The NOVA interview is sooo easy, very laid back. I posted interview feedback for both SCO and NOVA, so just check that out. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck! :)